Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty (GFRD) scholarships are available through the ARNG and USAR for students that desire to participate in the Senior ROTC program. These scholarships guarantee that the student once graduated from school and commissioned in the U.S. Army must serve their obligation in the ARNG or Reserves. ARNG/USAR scholarships are available in the following lenghts: 2, 2.5, and 3-years. To be eligible for the scholarships the student must have exactly that amount of school remaining. For example, to be eligible for the two-year scholarship the student must have exactly two years of school remaining; to be eligible for the 2.5-year scholarship the student must have exactly 2.5 years of school remaining. Contact the Mr. Lake at firstname.lastname@example.org or (402) 730-4269 for more information on GRFD scholarships.
Students can elect these scholarships to pay for 100% tuition and fees OR room & board, not to exceed $10,000 per year. In addition, a $1200 per year book allowance is paid to the student. SMP Cadets are also eligible to receive monthly stipends in the following amounts: $350 for the sophomore year, $450 for the junior year, and $500 for the senior year. The ARNG/USAR scholarship student must participate in the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP) with an ARNG/USAR unit while in school. While in the program the student drills with an ARNG unit and is paid at the rank of E-5, approximately $225 per month, unless the student is already in the ARNG and holds a rank higher than E-5.
Federal Tuition Assistance
- Available for all Non-Scholarship Cadets (including MSIs and MSIIs) who are drilling Reservists or Guardsmen - No MOS requirement
- Federal TA amounts (GRFD Scholarship recipients are not eligible for FTA) - ARNG TA pays $250.00 per credit hour, not to exceed $4500 per year - USAR TA pays $250.00 per credit hour, not to exceed $4500 per year
- Contact local Educational Service Specialist USAR & CW4 Robin Husky: (402) 309-7313
VA Benefits Montgomery GI Bill & Kicker
- Selected Reserve Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 1606) - Currently pays $288 per month for full time enrollment for MOS Qualified GRFD Scholarship and non-scholarship cadets - Must have a minimum of six years remaining on current enlistment
- Active Duty Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30) - Currently pays $1004 per month for full time enrollment for MOS Qualified GRFD Scholarship and non-scholarship cadets
- Montgomery GI Bill Kicker USAR / ARNG - Pays additional $350 per month for enlisted soldiers in officer producing programs who are receiving the Montgomery GI Bill and participating in the GRFD program
- Cadets must verify enrollment monthly with the W.A.V.E. Website or call 1-877-823-2378
- Chapter 1606 Educational Benefits are subject to recoupment if cadet opts to serve on Active Duty.