The University of Nebraska—Lincoln Band Program
About UNL Bands
Founded in 1879, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln band program has grown from a single small ROTC band to encompass seven ensembles that perform for a combined audience of well over one million people annually.
The Glenn Korff School of Music at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln enthusiastically invites all students, regardless of academic major, to participate in one or more of our bands. Additional information about each of our band ensembles is available under the ensemble heading in the drop down menu at the top of the page. Auditions for the fall concert and jazz ensembles are scheduled for the first week of classes in August. We encourage you to explore the rich tradition of our band program.
Cornhusker Marching Band Schedule for Saturday, August 30
- 8:00 AM Westbrook Music Building open for marching band members and staff only.
- 8:30 AM Percussion rehearsal begins at the Stadium (open to the public.)
- 9:00 AM Rehearsal begins for the full band in the Stadium (open to the public.)
- 11:00 AM break; lunch and pep band gigs.
- 11:30 AM Unity Walk on the east side of the Stadium (Misty's pep band)
- 12:15 PM President's Pre-game Event (Railyard pep band)
- 12:30 PM Uniform inspection for all band members except gigging pep bands.
- 1:00 PM Drum Line warm-up on the west steps of Sheldon Museum of Art (open to the public.) Meeting for brass, woodwinds, front ensemble and color guard in room 132 WMB (closed to the public.)
- 1:30 PM Warm-up concert on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall (open to the public.)
- 1:45 PM The band departs for the Stadium.
- 2:30 PM Kick-off
- 6:30 PM Band returns to Westbrook Music Building to clean the rooms and areas that were used during the day.
- 7:30 PM The band should be out of the building.
Band Alumni ReunionThe Band Alumni Reunion is scheduled for September 5-6 (Nebraska vs. McNeese State.) More information and the registration form is posted on the Nebraska Band Alumni Association web site. The registration deadline is August 24, 2014.