The University of Nebraska—Lincoln Band Program
About UNL Bands
Founded in 1879, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln band program has grown from a single small ROTC band to encompass seven ensembles that perform for a combined audience of well over one million people annually.
The Glenn Korff School of Music at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln enthusiastically invites all students, regardless of academic major, to participate in one or more of our bands. Additional information about each of our band ensembles is available under the ensemble heading in the drop down menu at the top of the page. Auditions for the fall concert and jazz ensembles are scheduled for the first week of classes in August. We encourage you to explore the rich tradition of our band program.
Cornhusker Marching Band Schedule for Saturday, October 24
- 6:00 AM Westbrook Music Building is open for marching band members and staff only.
- 6:15 AM Percussion rehearsal begins in the Stadium (open to the public.)
- 6:30 AM Full band rehearsal in the Stadium (open to the public.)
- 8:00 AM End of rehearsal in the Stadium.
- 8:30 AM Unity Walk (Railyard pep band) on the east side of the stadium
- 8:30 AM Chancellor's Pre-Game Event (Misty's pep band) in the Lied Center
- 8:35 AM President's Pre-Game Event (Grandmother's pep band) in the Lied Commons
- 9:00 AM Uniform Inspection in WMB
- 9:30 AM Meeting in room 132 for brass, woodwinds, front ensemble and color guard
- 9:30 AM Battery warm-up on the west steps of the Sheldon Museum of Art (open to the public.)
- 10:00 AM Full band warm-up concert on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall (open to the public.)
- 10:15 AM Band departs for the Stadium.
- 11:00 AM Kick-off of Nebraska vs. Rutgers
- 3:00 PM Band returns to WMB to load instruments on truck in the Lied Center loading dock.
- 4:00 PM Truck moves to the Stadium at Gate 3 to load the front ensemble instruments.
- 7:00 PM Load buses (in uniform) on the east side of the Lied Center for Performing Arts.
- 7:30 PM Buses depart campus for Seacrest Field.
- 8:00 PM Arrive at Seacrest Field and unload buses and truck.
- 8:45 PM Pre-set on the Seacrest grounds.
- 9:00 PM On deck for performance.
- 9:30 PM Exhibition performance for the NSBA Competition.
- 9:45 PM End of performance and load truck.
- 10:15 PM Buses and truck depart Seacrest Field.
- 10:40 PM Truck arrives at Stadium Gate 3 to unload front ensemble.
- 11:15 PM Truck moves to Lied Center loading dock to unload all other instruments.
- 11:45 PM Band members are free after the truck is unloaded and WMB rooms are clean.