About Nebraska Bands
Founded in 1879, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln band program has grown from a single small ROTC band to encompass seven ensembles that perform for a combined audience of well over one million people annually.
The Glenn Korff School of Music at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln enthusiastically invites all students, regardless of academic major, to participate in one or more of our bands. Additional information about each of our band ensembles is available under the ensemble heading in the drop down menu at the top of the page. Auditions for the fall concert and jazz ensembles are scheduled for the first week of classes in August. We encourage you to explore the rich tradition of our band program.
Friday, September 22nd Cornhusker Marching Band Schedule
- 4:30 PM to 7:00 PM Westbrook Music Building rooms 104, 105, 109, 110 and 132 available for CMB dressing rooms.
- 5:30 PM Report to the front (south side) of the Coliseum for warm-up.
- 5:45 PM Line up on Vine Street in front of the M&N Building in WMB formation facing east.
- 6:00 PM Homecoming Parade steps off.
- 6:30 PM Approximate time parade ends at the Lied Center. Remember to give your plume to the Graduate Assistant.
Saturday, September 23rd Cornhusker Marching Band Schedule
- 8:00 AM Westbrook Music Building open for marching band students and staff
- 8:30 AM CMB percussion rehearsal begins in Stadium
- 9:00 AM CMB outdoor rehearsal begins at the Stadium
- 11:00 AM Outdoor rehearsal ends; meal break; change into uniforms
- 12:00 PM Football Friday pep band performs in the Lied Commons for the President's pre-game event; Misty's pep band performs on the Lied Center's Orchestra Level for the Chancellor's pre-game event; Robber's Cave pep band performs on the east side of the Stadium for the Unity Walk
- 12:30 PM Uniform inspection in WMB
- 1:00 PM CMB meeting in room 132 WMB for brass, woodwinds & color guard; percussion warm-up on the west steps of Sheldon Museum of Art
- 1:30 PM CMB outdoor warm-up concert in front of Kimball Recital Hall
- 1:45 PM CMB departs for Memorial Stadium
- 2:30 PM Kick-off of Nebraska vs. Rutgers football game
- 6:00 PM Approximate end of football game; post-game in Stadium
- 6:30 PM CMB returns to WMB and KRH for clean-up
- 7:30 PM CMB members free when building is clean and all equipment is returned to proper storage locations