The University of Nebraska—Lincoln Band Program
About UNL Bands
Founded in 1879, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln band program has grown from a single small ROTC band to encompass seven ensembles that perform for a combined audience of well over one million people annually.
The Glenn Korff School of Music at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln enthusiastically invites all students, regardless of academic major, to participate in one or more of our bands. Additional information about each of our band ensembles is available under the ensemble heading in the drop down menu at the top of the page. Auditions for the fall concert and jazz ensembles are scheduled for the first week of classes in August. We encourage you to explore the rich tradition of our band program.
Game Day Schedule for Saturday, September 3
- 12:30 PM Westbrook Music Building open for all CMB students & staff. Remember to show your game day ID.
- 1:00 PM Percussion rehearsal begins in the Stadium (open to the public - enter through Gate 3 in the southwest corner). Alumni Band check-in begins outside WMB.
- 1:30 PM Full band rehearsal begins in the Stadium (open to the public - enter through Gate 3). Alumni Band indoor rehearsal begins in room 130 WMB and on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall for color guard.
- 1:45 PM BRE reports to Devaney Sports Center for Volleyball match.
- 2:30 PM Volleyball vs Oregon State match begins. Alumni Band rehearsal begins in Stadium.
- 3:30 PM CMB outdoor rehearsal ends - meal break
- 4:30 PM Pre-Game event hosted by President Bounds and Chancellor Green on Lied Center Stage (Football Friday pep band).
- 4:30 PM Unity Walk on the east side of Memorial Stadium (Misty's pep band).
- 5:00 PM Uniform inspection in hallway by 119 WMB
- 5:15 PM Alumni Band music run-through in room 130 WMB.
- 5:30 PM Brass, woodwind and color guard meeting in room 132 WMB; percussion warm-up on west steps of Sheldon Museum of Art.
- 5:45 PM Alumni Band lines up outside WMB for march to Stadium.
- 6:00 PM Outdoor concert on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall
- 6:15 PM Full band departs Sculpture Garden for Memorial Stadium
- 7:00 PM Kick-off of Nebraska vs Fresno State football game.
- 10:30 PM Approximate end of game
- 11:00 PM Full band returns to Westbrook Music Building.
- 11:15 PM Clean the building and put all equipment in proper storage locations.
- 12:00 AM All band members are out of the building.
New Homeward Bound Route on Game Days
Look for the Cornhusker Marching Band to take a new route home after football games this fall. Rather than exiting through Gate 3 (Southwest corner) and parading down Stadium Drive as in the past, the CMB will now leave the stadium via Gate 24 (Southeast corner). The homeward bound route winds around the north side of Avery Hall to the large sidewalk that runs between Oldfather and Hamilton Halls (previously 12th Street). The band will turn west at the sidewalk that runs on the south side of Hamilton Hall to assemble in the green space north of Woods Art Building, which is the site of the original University Hall, for dismissal. The change came about to alleviate traffic flow concerns as fans make their way out of the area. Thanks for your support, and we look forward to seeing you along our new route!