The University of Nebraska—Lincoln Band Program
About UNL Bands
Founded in 1879, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln band program has grown from a single small ROTC band to encompass seven ensembles that perform for a combined audience of well over one million people annually.
The Glenn Korff School of Music at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln enthusiastically invites all students, regardless of academic major, to participate in one or more of our bands. Additional information about each of our band ensembles is available under the ensemble heading in the drop down menu at the top of the page. Auditions for the fall concert and jazz ensembles are scheduled for the first week of classes in August. We encourage you to explore the rich tradition of our band program.
Cornhusker Marching Band Schedule for November 22, 2014
- 6:00 AM Westbrook Music Building opens for marching band students & staff
- 6:15 AM Percussion rehearsal begins in Stadium (open to the public)
- 6:30 AM Full band rehearsal begins in Stadium (open to the public)
- 8:00 AM Rehearsal ends
- 8:30 AM Unity Walk on the east side of the Stadium (Misty's)
- 8:30 AM Chancellor's Pre-Game Event in the Lied Center (Railyard)
- 8:35 AM President's Pre-Game Event in the Lied Commons (Grandmother's)
- 9:00 AM Uniform inspection in WMB
- 9:30 AM Percussion warm-up on the west steps of the Sheldon Museum of Art (open to the public)
- 10:00 AM Warm-up concert on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall )open to the public_
- 10:15 AM Band departs for the Stadium
- 11:00 AM Kick-off of Nebraska vs. Minnesota football game
- 3:00 PM Band returns to Westbrook Music Building
- 3:15 PM Clean Westbrook
- 3:45 PM Band members are free
Cornhusker Marching Band Highlights ConcertThe Cornhusker Marching Band Highlights Concert is scheduled for Tuesday, December 16 at 7:30 PM in the Lied Center for Performing Arts. Tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for students or senior citizens. Tickets are being sold through the Lied Center Box Office (402.472.4747) beginning on November 10.