The University of Nebraska—Lincoln Band Program
About UNL Bands
Founded in 1879, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln band program has grown from a single small ROTC band to encompass seven ensembles that perform for a combined audience of well over one million people annually.
The Glenn Korff School of Music at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln enthusiastically invites all students, regardless of academic major, to participate in one or more of our bands. Additional information about each of our band ensembles is available under the ensemble heading in the drop down menu at the top of the page. Auditions for the fall concert and jazz ensembles are scheduled for the first week of classes in August. We encourage you to explore the rich tradition of our band program.
Cornhusker Marching Band Schedule for Saturday, September 27
- 1:30 PM Westbrook Music Building opens for marching band students.
- 2:00 PM Percussion rehearsal begins in Memorial Stadium (open to the public.)
- 2:30 PM Full band rehearsal begins in Memorial Stadium (open to the public.)
- 4:30 PM Break and meal time; change into uniform; pep band gigs.
- 5:30 PM Chancellor's pre-game event in the Lied Center (Railyard pep band)
- 5:30 PM Unity Walk on the east side of the Stadium (Grandmother's pep band)
- 5:45 PM President's pre-game event in the Lied Commons (Misty's pep band)
- 6:00 PM Uniform inspection
- 6:30 PM Percussion warm-up on the west steps of the Sheldon Museum of Art (open to the public)
- 6:30 PM Meeting for brass, woodwinds and auxiliary in 132 WMB (closed to the public)
- 7:00 PM Warm-up concert on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall (open to the public)
- 7:15 PM Band departs for the Stadium
- 8:00 PM Kick-off of Nebraska vs. Illinois football game
- 12:00 AM Approximate time that band will return to Westbrook Music Building
- 12:15 AM Clean WMB
- 1:00 AM Band is out of WMB