Cornhusker Marching Band Camp and Second Round Auditions
Please note that attendance at Band Camp (second round of marching band auditions) is by invitation only. Candidates must have successfully completed a first round audition. Veterans must have registered with the Band Office prior to July 1, 2015 to be eligible.
The intent of this site is to answer candidates' questions regarding the second round of auditions and band camp for individuals that have passed the first round of marching band auditions. This site is also an interactive tool through which you answer some of our questions and confirm your intention to attend band camp. An email will be sent to all candidates containing specific details related to each individual's band camp status and campus report date. You will need the information in that email to have a better understanding of this site.
Band Camp is the last step in becoming a member of the 2015 Cornhusker Marching Band. Please remember that new players sometimes underestimate their potential and eliminate themselves unnecessarily by opting not to complete the audition process. You worked hard to earn this opportunity and have the ability to make the band, so give yourself the chance to succeed. Don't let anyone talk you out of your dreams!
The Marching Red is also one of the best avenues to meeting new friends with similar interests on campus. Band members become like family! Finally, while the work may seem daunting at first, the work ethic is already established in you to accomplish great things or else you wouldn't play your instrument or spin your flag as well as you do. Remember that the marching band directors, instructors, leaders and staff are here to help you succeed. Feel free to ask for help.
Band Camp Housing
All band candidates living in University owned residence halls during the fall semester may move into their assigned room on their band camp report date as outlined on this page. The Band Office will make the arrangements with the Housing Office for you. All you need to do is move into your assigned residence hall room on the date and time noted in the band camp schedule. Marching Band candidates may stay in their assigned residence hall room after Sunday, August 16 even if they are not on the final roster.
Band candidates living in a University residence hall that require housing prior to their camp report date must make arrangements for their own lodging. The Band Office will NOT make any exceptions on the residence hall check in schedule. See the Lincoln Convention and Visitor's Bureau web site for motel and hotel contact information.
All band candidates that plan to live in housing other than University residence halls must make their own lodging arrangements for Band Camp. The band program is not responsible for the fees involved with sororities or fraternities or off-campus housing.
Campus Report Dates
- Thursday, August 13: brass, woodwind and color guard leadership and all percussion candidates move into assigned residence hall rooms from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
- Friday, August 14: Veteran and new color guard candidates move into residence hall rooms from 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM.
- Saturday, August 15: new brass and woodwind candidates move into residence hall rooms from 8:30 AM to noon.
- Saturday, August 15: veteran brass and woodwind candidates that are picking up a uniform on Saturday, August 15 move into residence hall rooms from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Veterans must confirm they will check in on August 15 via the band camp confirmation form.
- Sunday, August 16: veteran brass and woodwind candidates that are not picking up a uniform on Saturday, August 15, and twirlers, move into residence hall rooms from 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM. Veterans must confirm they will check in on August 16 via the band camp confirmation form.
Detailed Band Camp information for candidates will be posted in early July, 2015.
The Band Camp web site is under construction. All candidates will receive an email when the site is ready for viewing.