Large Concert Ensemble AuditionsEnsembles: Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, Symphony Orchestra and Philharmonia (Opera and Chamber Orchestra)
Membership in these ensembles is determined by a juried audition that takes place during the first week of classes in August for the fall semester and in late November or early December for the spring semester. Audition music is available in May for the fall semester and in November for the spring semester. Printed copies can be obtained from the Glenn Korff School of Music’s instrumental music faculty or by downloading the music from this web page when it becomes available.
Auditions take place in Westbrook Music Building (WMB) and Kimball Recital Hall (KRH) as noted in the schedule on this page.
2016 FALL AUDITION SCHEDULE
The schedule and audition music will be posted as they become available.
Sunday, August 21
- BASSOONS: 3:00 PM in room 119 WMB
- SAXOPHONES: 6:30 - 8:30 PM in room 205 WMB
Monday, August 22
- VIOLINS: 1:30 - 4:30 PM in room 016 WMB
- PERCUSSION: 4:00 - 6:00 PM in room 132 WMB
- EUPHONIUMS: 5:00 - 5:30 PM in room 016 WMB
- TRUMPETS and HORNS: 5:00 - 8:00 PM in room 110 WMB
- TUBAS: 5:45 - 6:15 PM in room 016 WMB
- CELLOS: 6:00 - 7:00 PM in room 132 WMB
- CLARINETS: 6:00 - 9:00 PM in room 130 WMB
- TROMBONES: 6:30 - 8:30 PM in room 016 WMB
- VIOLAS: 8:00 - 9:00 PM in room 132 WMB
Tuesday, August 23
- OBOES: 5:00 - 6:15 PM in room 110 WMB
Wednesday, August 24
- DOUBLE BASSES: 1:30 - 3:00 PM on KRH stage
- FLUTES: 7:00 - 9:00 PM in room 130 WMB
FALL AUDITION MUSIC
Download the audition music by clicking on the appropriate box below.
Flute audition repertoire for non-music majors:
- A prepared piece of your choice demonstrating technique and musicality.
- All major scales and chromatic scale (all slurred)
Individuals auditioning on piccolo must play their scales and sight-reading on piccolo.