All Band Ensembles:All students participating in any Glenn Korff School of Music ensemble or performance must complete the electronic student release form: Student Release Form
REQUEST FOR EXCUSED ABSENCE: See the ensemble syllabus for grading information in regard to absences from ensemble rehearsals and/or performances. Submit a request for an absence from rehearsal PRIOR to the absence. It is permissible to submit a request for an excused absence after that absence in the event of illness or family emergency. Click on the appropriate ensemble name below to access the excused absence request form.
Big Red Express:
Contact Jan Deaton 48 hours in advance to arrange for instrument rental prior to visiting her office.
Cornhusker Marching Band Schedule for Saturday, September 20
- 12:30 PM Westbrook Music Building opens for marching band students.
- 1:00 PM Percussion rehearsal begins in Memorial Stadium (open to the public.)
- 1:30 PM Full band rehearsal begins in Memorial Stadium (open to the public.)
- 3:30 PM Break and meal time; change into uniform; pep band gigs.
- 4:30 PM Chancellor's pre-game event in the Lied Center (Railyard pep band)
- 4:30 PM Unity Walk on the east side of the Stadium (Grandmother's pep band)
- 4:45 PM President's pre-game event in the Lied Commons (Misty's pep band)
- 5:00 PM Uniform inspection
- 5:30 PM Percussion warm-up on the west steps of the Sheldon Museum of Art (open to the public)
- 5:30 PM Meeting for brass, woodwinds and auxiliary in 132 WMB (closed to the public)
- 6:00 PM Warm-up concert on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall (open to the public)
- 6:15 PM Band departs for the Stadium
- 7:00 PM Kick-off of Nebraska vs. Miami football game
- 11:00 PM Approximate time that band will return to Westbrook Music Building
- 11:15 PM Clean WMB (clean up crew: E, F and G ranks)
- 12:00 AM Band is out of WMB
Cornhusker Marching Band trip to Michigan State, October 3-5, 2014Please enter the first and last names of each individual wanting to room together during the marching band trip to Michigan State. Submit only one form for a group of four people. Note that any group with less than four may have people added by the staff without consultation with the original group. The submission deadline for this rooming list form is 5:00 PM on Tuesday, September 16, 2014. Rooming List Form