All Band Ensembles:All students participating in any Glenn Korff School of Music ensemble or performance must complete the electronic student release form: Student Release Form
REQUEST FOR EXCUSED ABSENCE: See the ensemble syllabus for grading information in regard to absences from ensemble rehearsals and/or performances. Submit a request for an absence from rehearsal PRIOR to the absence. It is permissible to submit a request for an excused absence after that absence in the event of illness or family emergency. Click on the appropriate ensemble name below to access the excused absence request form.
Big Red Express:
Contact Jan Deaton 48 hours in advance to arrange for instrument rental prior to visiting her office.
Cornhusker Marching Band Schedule for Saturday, August 30
- 8:00 AM Westbrook Music Building open for marching band members and staff only.
- 8:30 AM Percussion rehearsal begins at the Stadium (open to the public.)
- 9:00 AM Rehearsal begins for the full band in the Stadium (open to the public.)
- 11:00 AM break; lunch and pep band gigs.
- 11:30 AM Unity Walk on the east side of the Stadium (Misty's pep band)
- 12:15 PM President's Pre-game Event (Railyard pep band)
- 12:30 PM Uniform inspection for all band members except gigging pep bands.
- 1:00 PM Drum Line warm-up on the west steps of Sheldon Museum of Art (open to the public.) Meeting for brass, woodwinds, front ensemble and color guard in room 132 WMB (closed to the public.)
- 1:30 PM Warm-up concert on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall (open to the public.)
- 1:45 PM The band departs for the Stadium.
- 2:30 PM Kick-off
- 6:30 PM Band returns to Westbrook Music Building to clean the rooms and areas that were used during the day.
- 7:30 PM The band should be out of the building.