All Band Ensembles:All students participating in any Glenn Korff School of Music ensemble or performance must complete the electronic student release form: Student Release Form
REQUEST FOR EXCUSED ABSENCE: See the ensemble syllabus for grading information in regard to absences from ensemble rehearsals and/or performances. Submit a request for an absence from rehearsal PRIOR to the absence. It is permissible to submit a request for an excused absence after that absence in the event of illness or family emergency. Click on the appropriate ensemble name below to access the excused absence request form.
Big Red Express:
Contact Jan Deaton 48 hours in advance to arrange for instrument rental prior to visiting her office.
Cornhusker Marching Band Schedule for Saturday, October 24
- 6:00 AM Westbrook Music Building is open for marching band members and staff only.
- 6:15 AM Percussion rehearsal begins in the Stadium (open to the public.)
- 6:30 AM Full band rehearsal in the Stadium (open to the public.)
- 8:00 AM End of rehearsal in the Stadium.
- 8:30 AM Unity Walk (Railyard pep band) on the east side of the stadium
- 8:30 AM Chancellor's Pre-Game Event (Misty's pep band) in the Lied Center
- 8:35 AM President's Pre-Game Event (Grandmother's pep band) in the Lied Commons
- 9:00 AM Uniform Inspection in WMB
- 9:30 AM Meeting in room 132 for brass, woodwinds, front ensemble and color guard
- 9:30 AM Battery warm-up on the west steps of the Sheldon Museum of Art (open to the public.)
- 10:00 AM Full band warm-up concert on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall (open to the public.)
- 10:15 AM Band departs for the Stadium.
- 11:00 AM Kick-off of Nebraska vs. Rutgers
- 3:00 PM Band returns to WMB to load instruments on truck in the Lied Center loading dock.
- 4:00 PM Truck moves to the Stadium at Gate 3 to load the front ensemble instruments.
- 7:00 PM Load buses (in uniform) on the east side of the Lied Center for Performing Arts.
- 7:30 PM Buses depart campus for Seacrest Field.
- 8:00 PM Arrive at Seacrest Field and unload buses and truck.
- 8:45 PM Pre-set on the Seacrest grounds.
- 9:00 PM On deck for performance.
- 9:30 PM Exhibition performance for the NSBA Competition.
- 9:45 PM End of performance and load truck.
- 10:15 PM Buses and truck depart Seacrest Field.
- 10:40 PM Truck arrives at Stadium Gate 3 to unload front ensemble.
- 11:15 PM Truck moves to Lied Center loading dock to unload all other instruments.
- 11:45 PM Band members are free after the truck is unloaded and WMB rooms are clean.