All Band Ensembles:All students participating in any Glenn Korff School of Music ensemble or performance must complete the electronic student release form: Student Release Form
REQUEST FOR EXCUSED ABSENCE: See the ensemble syllabus for grading information in regard to absences from ensemble rehearsals and/or performances. Submit a request for an absence from rehearsal PRIOR to the absence. It is permissible to submit a request for an excused absence after that absence in the event of illness or family emergency. Click on the appropriate ensemble name below to access the excused absence request form.
Counselors Needed for Winter Festival for Winds and PercussionUNL School of Music and Band Program students are needed to assist with the Winter Festival and supervise the high school participants at the hotel. Applicants must be 19 years old and a full-time UNL student. The application deadline is November 21, 2015. Counselor Application Form
Big Red Express:
Contact Jan Deaton 48 hours in advance to arrange for instrument rental prior to visiting her office.
Cornhusker Marching Band Schedule, November 1, 2014
- 8:00 AM Westbrook Music Building open for marching band students, faculty and staff.
- 8:30 AM Percussion rehearsal begins in the Stadium (open to the public.)
- 9:00 AM Full band rehearsal begins in the Stadium (open to the public.)
- 11:00 AM End of rehearsal/break time.
- 12:00 PM Unity Walk (Grandmother's) on the east side of the Stadium.
- 12:00 PM Chancellor's Pre-Game Event (Railyard) in the Lied Center.
- 12:15 PM President's Pre-Game Event (Misty's) in the Lied Commons.
- 12:30 PM Uniform inspection in WMB.
- 1:00 PM Percussion warm-up on the west steps of Sheldon Museum of Art (open to the public.)
- 1:00 PM Meeting in 132 WMB for brass, woodwinds, battery percussion and color guard.
- 1:30 PM Warm-up concert on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall (open to the public.)
- 1:45 PM Band departs for the Stadium.
- 2:30 PM Kick-off of Nebraska vs Purdue
- 6:30 PM Band returns to Westbrook Music Building.
- 7:30 PM Band is free after the building is clean.