Cornhusker Marching Band Schedule for Saturday, August 30
- 8:00 AM Westbrook Music Building open for marching band members and staff only.
- 8:30 AM Percussion rehearsal begins at the Stadium (open to the public.)
- 9:00 AM Rehearsal begins for the full band in the Stadium (open to the public.)
- 11:00 AM break; lunch and pep band gigs.
- 11:30 AM Unity Walk on the east side of the Stadium (Misty's pep band)
- 12:15 PM President's Pre-game Event (Railyard pep band)
- 12:30 PM Uniform inspection for all band members except gigging pep bands.
- 1:00 PM Drum Line warm-up on the west steps of Sheldon Museum of Art (open to the public.) Meeting for brass, woodwinds, front ensemble and color guard in room 132 WMB (closed to the public.)
- 1:30 PM Warm-up concert on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall (open to the public.)
- 1:45 PM The band departs for the Stadium.
- 2:30 PM Kick-off
- 6:30 PM Band returns to Westbrook Music Building to clean the rooms and areas that were used during the day.
- 7:30 PM The band should be out of the building.
Stadium rehearsals usually begin 5 1/2 hours prior to game time. Check this web page for schedule updates. Stadium rehearsals are open to the public, however, please follow these security guidelines: Enter and exit the stadium through Gate 3 ONLY. Gate 3 is located in the southwest corner of the stadium. Please sit in either section 6 or 26 depending on the orientation of the show. Do not wander around the stadium. Please be courteous to the stadium staff and security personnel. They have a difficult job to do and they're trying to keep all of us safe. A security check will be done immediately following rehearsal. Please exit the stadium quickly remembering to take all of your personal belongings, water bottles, and food wrappers with you. Everyone associated with the band program appreciates your adherence to the above requests. Our continued access to the stadium on game days depends on your assistance. We are fortunate to have the privilege of an open rehearsal in the stadium on game days. We must do everything that we possibly can to preserve this privilege. Thanks for your patience, and Go Big Red! As a result of continuing security issues, Westbrook Music Building is closed on home game days to everyone except Glenn Korff School of Music employees and Cornhusker Marching Band members. Through no fault of their own, band parents and their guests and band alumni will not have access to Westbrook Music Building on football Saturdays for any reason. Please understand that this decision was not made lightly and that we all regret having to take this step. Although many options were explored, this was the only viable choice at this juncture.