Cornhusker Marching Band Schedule for Saturday, October 24
- 6:00 AM Westbrook Music Building is open for marching band members and staff only.
- 6:15 AM Percussion rehearsal begins in the Stadium (open to the public.)
- 6:30 AM Full band rehearsal in the Stadium (open to the public.)
- 8:00 AM End of rehearsal in the Stadium.
- 8:30 AM Unity Walk (Railyard pep band) on the east side of the stadium
- 8:30 AM Chancellor's Pre-Game Event (Misty's pep band) in the Lied Center
- 8:35 AM President's Pre-Game Event (Grandmother's pep band) in the Lied Commons
- 9:00 AM Uniform Inspection in WMB
- 9:30 AM Meeting in room 132 for brass, woodwinds, front ensemble and color guard
- 9:30 AM Battery warm-up on the west steps of the Sheldon Museum of Art (open to the public.)
- 10:00 AM Full band warm-up concert on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall (open to the public.)
- 10:15 AM Band departs for the Stadium.
- 11:00 AM Kick-off of Nebraska vs. Rutgers
- 3:00 PM Band returns to WMB to load instruments on truck in the Lied Center loading dock.
- 4:00 PM Truck moves to the Stadium at Gate 3 to load the front ensemble instruments.
- 7:00 PM Load buses (in uniform) on the east side of the Lied Center for Performing Arts.
- 7:30 PM Buses depart campus for Seacrest Field.
- 8:00 PM Arrive at Seacrest Field and unload buses and truck.
- 8:45 PM Pre-set on the Seacrest grounds.
- 9:00 PM On deck for performance.
- 9:30 PM Exhibition performance for the NSBA Competition.
- 9:45 PM End of performance and load truck.
- 10:15 PM Buses and truck depart Seacrest Field.
- 10:40 PM Truck arrives at Stadium Gate 3 to unload front ensemble.
- 11:15 PM Truck moves to Lied Center loading dock to unload all other instruments.
- 11:45 PM Band members are free after the truck is unloaded and WMB rooms are clean.
Stadium rehearsals usually begin 5 1/2 hours prior to game time. Check this web page for schedule updates. Stadium rehearsals are open to the public, however, please follow these security guidelines: Enter and exit the stadium through Gate 3 ONLY. Gate 3 is located in the southwest corner of the stadium. Please sit in either section 6 or 26 depending on the orientation of the show. Do not wander around the stadium. Please be courteous to the stadium staff and security personnel. They have a difficult job to do and they're trying to keep all of us safe. A security check will be done immediately following rehearsal. Please exit the stadium quickly remembering to take all of your personal belongings, water bottles, and food wrappers with you. Everyone associated with the band program appreciates your adherence to the above requests. Our continued access to the stadium on game days depends on your assistance. We are fortunate to have the privilege of an open rehearsal in the stadium on game days. We must do everything that we possibly can to preserve this privilege. Thanks for your patience, and Go Big Red! As a result of continuing security issues, Westbrook Music Building is closed on home game days to everyone except Glenn Korff School of Music employees and Cornhusker Marching Band members. Through no fault of their own, band parents and their guests and band alumni will not have access to Westbrook Music Building on football Saturdays for any reason. Please understand that this decision was not made lightly and that we all regret having to take this step. Although many options were explored, this was the only viable choice at this juncture.