As a result of continuing security issues, Westbrook Music Building is closed to the general public on home game days. Through no fault of their own, band parents and band alumni will not have access to Westbrook Music Building on football Saturdays for any reason. Please understand that this decision was not made lightly and that we all regret having to take this step. Although many options were explored, this was the only viable choice at this juncture.
Stadium rehearsals usually begin 5 1/2 hours prior to game time. Check this web page for schedule updates. Stadium rehearsals are open to the public, however, please follow these security guidelines: Enter and exit the stadium through Gate 3 ONLY. Gate 3 is located in the southwest corner of the stadium. Please sit in either section 6 or 26 depending on the orientation of the show. Do not wander around the stadium. Please be courteous to the stadium staff and security personnel. They have a difficult job to do and they're trying to keep all of us safe. A security check will be done immediately following rehearsal. Please exit the stadium quickly taking your personal belongings, water bottles, and food wrappers with you. Everyone associated with the band program appreciates your adherence to the above requests. Our continued access to the stadium on game days depends on your assistance. We are fortunate to have the privilege of an open rehearsal in the stadium on game days. We must do everything we possibly can to preserve this privilege. Thanks for your patience, and Go Big Red!
Cornhusker Marching Band Game Day Schedule for Saturday, October 22
- 8:00 AM Westbrook Music Building open for all CMB students & staff. Remember to show your game day ID.
- 8:30 AM Percussion rehearsal begins in the Stadium (open to the public - enter through Gate 3 in the southwest corner).
- 9:00 AM Full band rehearsal begins in the Stadium (open to the public - enter through Gate 3).
- 11:00 AM Full band outdoor rehearsal ends - meal break
- 12:00 PM Pre-Game event hosted by President Bounds at the Lied Commons (Robber's Cave pep band).
- 12:00 PM Pre-Game event hosted by Chancellor Green at the Lied Center's Orchestra Level (Misty's pep band).
- 12:00 PM Unity Walk on the east side of Memorial Stadium (FB Friday pep band).
- 12:30 PM Uniform inspection
- 1:00 PM Brass, woodwind and color guard meeting in room 132 WMB; percussion warm-up on west steps of Sheldon Museum of Art.
- 1:30 PM Outdoor concert on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall
- 1:45 PM Full band departs Sculpture Garden for Memorial Stadium
- 2:30 PM Kick-off of Nebraska vs Purdue football game.
- 6:00 PM Approximate end of game
- 6:15 PM Full band returns to Westbrook Music Building to load truck.
- 6:45 PM Load buses IN UNIFORM on the east side of the Lied Center
- 7:15 PM Depart campus for Seacrest Field
- 7:45 PM Arrive at Seacrest Field and unload truck
- 8:20 PM Warm-up
- 8:40 PM Depart warm-up area
- 8:50 PM On Deck
- 9:00 PM Performance for the NSBA State Marching Contest
- 9:15 PM End of performance; load truck
- 10:00 PM Buses and truck depart Seacrest Field
- 10:30 PM Buses arrive on the east side of the Lied Center for Performing Arts; truck arrives at Stadium Gate 3; Front Ensemble unload at Stadium
- 10:50 PM Move truck to west side of the Lied Center to unload remaining instruments; clean WMB
- 11:30 PM Band member free after WMB clean up is finished.
New Homeward Bound Route on Game Days
Look for the Cornhusker Marching Band to take a new route home after football games this fall. Rather than exiting through Gate 3 (Southwest corner) and parading down Stadium Drive as in the past, the CMB will now leave the stadium via Gate 24 (Southeast corner). The homeward bound route winds around the north side of Avery Hall to the large sidewalk that runs between Oldfather and Hamilton Halls (previously 12th Street). The band will turn west at the sidewalk that runs on the south side of Hamilton Hall to assemble in the green space north of Woods Art Building, which is the site of the original University Hall, for dismissal. The change came about to alleviate traffic flow concerns as fans make their way out of the area. Thanks for your support, and we look forward to seeing you along our new route!