Cornhusker Marching Band Schedule for Saturday, September 27
- 1:30 PM Westbrook Music Building opens for marching band students.
- 2:00 PM Percussion rehearsal begins in Memorial Stadium (open to the public.)
- 2:30 PM Full band rehearsal begins in Memorial Stadium (open to the public.)
- 4:30 PM Break and meal time; change into uniform; pep band gigs.
- 5:30 PM Chancellor's pre-game event in the Lied Center (Railyard pep band)
- 5:30 PM Unity Walk on the east side of the Stadium (Grandmother's pep band)
- 5:45 PM President's pre-game event in the Lied Commons (Misty's pep band)
- 6:00 PM Uniform inspection
- 6:30 PM Percussion warm-up on the west steps of the Sheldon Museum of Art (open to the public)
- 6:30 PM Meeting for brass, woodwinds and auxiliary in 132 WMB (closed to the public)
- 7:00 PM Warm-up concert on the north side of Kimball Recital Hall (open to the public)
- 7:15 PM Band departs for the Stadium
- 8:00 PM Kick-off of Nebraska vs. Illinois football game
- 12:00 AM Approximate time that band will return to Westbrook Music Building
- 12:15 AM Clean WMB
- 1:00 AM Band is out of WMB
Stadium rehearsals usually begin 5 1/2 hours prior to game time. Check this web page for schedule updates. Stadium rehearsals are open to the public, however, please follow these security guidelines: Enter and exit the stadium through Gate 3 ONLY. Gate 3 is located in the southwest corner of the stadium. Please sit in either section 6 or 26 depending on the orientation of the show. Do not wander around the stadium. Please be courteous to the stadium staff and security personnel. They have a difficult job to do and they're trying to keep all of us safe. A security check will be done immediately following rehearsal. Please exit the stadium quickly remembering to take all of your personal belongings, water bottles, and food wrappers with you. Everyone associated with the band program appreciates your adherence to the above requests. Our continued access to the stadium on game days depends on your assistance. We are fortunate to have the privilege of an open rehearsal in the stadium on game days. We must do everything that we possibly can to preserve this privilege. Thanks for your patience, and Go Big Red! As a result of continuing security issues, Westbrook Music Building is closed on home game days to everyone except Glenn Korff School of Music employees and Cornhusker Marching Band members. Through no fault of their own, band parents and their guests and band alumni will not have access to Westbrook Music Building on football Saturdays for any reason. Please understand that this decision was not made lightly and that we all regret having to take this step. Although many options were explored, this was the only viable choice at this juncture.