David E. Asche
Michele Angle Farrar
Luann and Richard Finke
James W. Hewitt
Karl and Margaret Indriksons
Dianne W. Kennedy
Robert E. Knoll
William C. Smith
Bryan Van Deun
JoAnn I. Weaver
Joseph O. Young
The UNL Garden Friends is one of two Friends Groups (also see Friends of Maxwell) that support and help maintain excellence in the UNL Botanical Garden and Arboretum.
The UNL Garden Friends have established the following goals
- To support The Garden and its development as a significant part of the mission of UNL.
- To encourage use of The Garden through outreach, promoting it as a resource for the people of Nebraska.
- To enhance the experiences of visitors by providing information about the ideology of The Garden and its collections.
- To assist in raising funds for special projects.
Founded in 1992
The mission of the UNL Garden Friends shall be to support and encourage the goals and projects of The Garden as determined by the University of Nebraska-Lincoln administration and staff. Furthermore, the Friends shall serve as ambassadors for The Garden, creating in the people of Nebraska a sense of ownership and participation.
Projects completed with the support of Garden Friends include:
- Restoration of Love Library Gates
- Completion of Maxwell Arboretum Vine Arbor - Phase I
- Sheldon Memorial Art Gallery Sculpture Garden annual pools maintenance
- Perin Porch plantings
- Westbrook Courtyard and the Kimball Hall repair and plantings
- Improvements to Love and Cather Gardens through a generous donation from the Ken Good Estate
We invite you to join us as a member of UNL Garden Friends with a contribution. Your tax deductible gift will help fund special projects to raise awareness about The Garden throughout the state. When new areas are dedicated, the Friends will be there. As new projects begin, the Friends will be called upon to serve as ambassadors for The Garden, to understand the vision for its development, and to share this vision with others. As a member you will receive a quarterly newsletter and will be invited to attend an annual meeting and lecture.
If you have questions about the UNL Garden Friends, call (402)472-2679