Dishwasher - CITY CAMPUS
UNL Children's Center
Work at the UNL Children's Center. Employee will gather dishes from the classrooms and be responsible for washing in an industrial machine. The morning dishwasher will also be responsible for setting up the dish cart for the lunchtime meal. Work area will need to be cleaned by dishwasher at the end of every shift. Trash and recycling will be taken out by dishwasher as well. Must be a student at UNL. Must be a self-starter who can work on own in a timely manner in a fast paced environment.
PAY/HOURS: $8.00/hour. Hours will be Monday/Wednesday/Friday 9-12:30 or 12:30-5:30. Hours worked per week will vary based on the shift taken.
TO APPLY: Send email indicating interest and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Life Complex Tutors - FALL POSITIONS- CITY CAMPUS
UNL Student Life Center
The Student Life Complex is now accepting applications for tutorial positions! Tutors set their own availability and hours will vary based on courses/availability. Currently accepting applications for Fall 2015 for ALL classes.
Here are just a few of the specific needs we are looking to fill:
ADPR 458: Interactive Media Design
AGRO 107: Invasive Plant: Impact
BIOS 214: Human Anatomy
CHEM 261: Organic Chemistry
CHME 331: Equilibrium Stage Ops
CNST 131: Intro to Construction Industry
COMM 286: Business & Professional Comm
CRIM 251: Research Methods
CSCE 230: Computer Organization
ECON 417: Intro to Econometrics
ENGL 279: Digital Literacy
MATH 325: Elementary Analysis
Undergraduate pay is $9.00 an hour.
We require all tutors to be at least Junior standing at UNL with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. We also hire graduate students! Tutors are eligible to tutor any course in which they received an A- or higher or prerequisites for those courses (ie: if you got an A- in MATH 104, you could also tutor MATH 101 or MATH 100A if interested).
Please complete the attached application, listing any and all courses you'd be interested in tutoring, and email it to Andrea Einspahr at email@example.com. Please include a PDF of your unofficial transcript. To access the application, login to Husker Hire Link http://www.unl.edu/careers.
Student Worker - CITY CAMPUS
UNL Computer Science & Engineering
Position is not open to Computer Science and Computer Engineering majors or minors, due to the confidential documents involved. Open to undergraduates only.
Pull financial documents to be reconciled. General office duties (Greet and direct visitors, filing, answer phones, errands, type letters, data entry, record keeping). Other duties as assigned. Must have excellent customer service and be proficient in Word and Excel. Preferable Macintosh experience. Must be able to work with confidential payroll and financial documents. Accuracy is essential. Seeking a highly motivated, independent worker. No programming work involved. Prefer business students but will consider others. $8.50 per hour, 8-10 hours weekly. TO APPLY: Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or via Husker Hire Link.
P-16 Student Office Assistant - EAST CAMPUS
University of Nebraska Central Administration
The Assistant Vice President for P-16 Initiatives, whose position is located within the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost, is seeking applications for a student office assistant to work 10 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Applicants must have previous office experience; good communication skills; a valid driver’s license; and skills in Microsoft Office, including proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Duties: The student office assistant will be expected to fulfill the following duties on a regular basis: assist in any projects assigned by the Assistant Vice President for P-16 Initiatives within the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost, including general office duties, data retrieval and presentation, database maintenance, and other responsibilities as they arise. General office duties may include word processing, preparing mailings, copying, faxing, scanning, typing, filing, and organizing.
Office Location: The office is located at the University of Nebraska Central Administration, Varner Hall, 3835 Holdrege Street, Lincoln, Nebraska.
Hours: Up to a maximum of 10 hours per week may be scheduled around class times, with the option for more hours during school breaks if both parties agree. School breaks include holidays, semester breaks, and summer. A schedule of working hours is set each semester.
Compensation: Starting hourly wage is $10.00 per hour.
To apply: email a cover letter and current resume to email@example.com.
PC/ Workstation Student Assistant - CITY CAMPUS
University of Nebraska Central Administration
The student workstation/ PC Support position is expected to fulfill the following duties on a regular basis:
1) provide PC application support, and answer questions on commonly used software applications,
2) help with university wide administrative applications,
3) assist the PC/server staff with other duties
Must be 17 yrs. of age or older. Students enrolled at the University of Nebraska or other local college encouraged to apply.
Applicants are required to have excellent communication skills and experience working with PCs and related Microsoft Office/Windows software. Previous experience in customer service, PC hardware and software, preferred.
Must be able to work 20 hours per week Mon-Fri between 8:00am-5:00pm. No evening or weekend work. Additional hours may be available during the summer and semester breaks. $10.00, depending on experience. TO APPLY: Apply on line at https://Careers.nebraska.edu
Volleyball Officials for Intramural Sports - PRIMARILY CITY CAMPUS
UNL Campus Recreation
Volleyball Officials for Intramural Sports. Current UNL Students. Pay is $8.35/hour for 8-20 hours/week. TO APPLY: Attend the meeting on Tuesday, September 29 and 30, at 7:30pm Campus Recreation Center.
Student Tutor (varied subjects) - CITY CAMPUS
UNL Student Support Services
To assist Student Support Services’ students in learning course material and developing study skills so that they may achieve satisfactory performance in a course.
1. Meet with assigned student tutees on a regular basis. During tutoring sessions, tutors will determine tutorial objectives, prepare learning activities, and help tutees enhance their understanding of concepts and skills required by the course.
2. Complete tutee/tutor evaluations at the end of four-week periods for each tutee. The evaluation includes your assessment of the effectiveness of the tutoring sessions (e.g. tutee’s course grade, attendance, comprehension of material).
3. Submit time sheets weekly to the Tutoring Coordinator documenting session date, and time with tutor’s and tutee’s signatures.
4. Attend tutor training and workshops, mandatory attendance to continue employment.
5. Inform the Tutoring Coordinator of any worrisome academic or personal problems of tutees so that appropriate action or referral can be made.
We are seeking tutors for all courses.
•Tutors must be UNL undergraduate or graduate students with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00.
•Tutors must be strongly committed to learning and must be sensitive to the individual problems of a wide range of students.
•Tutors need strong interpersonal communication skills in order to express ideas clearly to under prepared students.
$8.00/hour for approximately 20 hours/week (this number will vary).
Applications can be found online at http://www.unl.edu/trio/sss/tutors.shtml or in person at 220 Canfield Administration Building.
Applications must be printed and turned in to the Student Support Services office.
Student Worker - EAST CAMPUS
UNL Agronomy and Horticulture
University of Nebraska Soybean Breeding Project
• Looking for individuals with an interest in Agronomy, Range Science, Soil Science, Natural Resources or related science
Agricultural experience helpful
• Part time work in the field and seed lab working with students, technologists and project leaders
• Record research plot notes
• Harvest research plots
• Perform oil and protein analysis
• 3 hour minimum time slots
• Gain first-hand knowledge about how breeding programs operate
• Flexible schedule
• Excellent work environment
• Great work experience
TO APPLY: Email resume and contact information to:
Aaron Hoagland: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mason Lien: email@example.com
Justin Loeffelholz: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Assistant - CITY CAMPUS
UNL Mechanical & Materials Engineering Department
Student worker to assist in organizing and compiling class information. Requires Excel spreadsheet skills, attention to detail, and discretion regarding information included. May also need assistance in prep of class materials. Work will be occur in waves, based on timing of class assignments, will require up to 15 hours per week. (Known starts of periods requiring assistance include: Oct 1, Oct 15, Nov 3, Nov 5, Nov 18, Dec 8, Dec 10.). $10/hr, 15 hours weekly. TO APPLY: Submit resume to email@example.com.
Telephone Interviewer - CITY CAMPUS
UNL Bureau of Sociological Research (BOSR)
The Telephone Interviewer:
conducts telephone interviews using a computer.
does not sell anything or ask for money.
is paid $9.50 per hour (paid every other Thursday).
is an on-call UNL employee, which means you do not qualify for benefits such as insurance, vacation, or sick leave, and we cannot promise there will always be work available.
may work a flexible evening and weekend schedule consisting of as few as three 4-hour shifts totaling 12 hours, or may choose to work up to 20 hours per week. TO APPLY: Please go to https://bosrsurvey.unl.edu/employment/ to complete an application.
UNL Recreation and Wellness Center - East Campus Recreation
1. Timing: Would like to hire ASAP. Closer to the beginning/mid of August, the better!
2. Responsibilities include:
a. Work closely with the Assistant Director of Wellness Services & Fitness Programs at UNL and the Chancellor’s Committee on Wellness to coordinate efforts for the UNL Wellness Initiative
b. Be a student representative on the Chancellor’s Committee on Wellness (meets 2nd Thursday/month @ 2-3pm)
c. Help AD for WS & FP develop a strategic plan for workplace wellness efforts at the wellness ambassador/department/college levels.
d. Supporting updates on UNL wellness initiative social media accounts including website blog posts
e. Online and interpersonal interactions with the UNL community to improve overall wellness of our campus community (through Wellness Ambassador Program)
f. Support the planning and staffing of UNL Wellness events
g. Photography and videography
h. Assist with measurement and analytics
i. Other duties as assigned
3. The right candidate will:
a. Have a passion for wellness, public health, and marketing
b. Possess good verbal and written communication skills (including proofreading)
c. Have a strong knowledge of social networking channels
d. Possess a friendly and positive attitude
4. Hours: variable. Approximately 20 hour/week. Some weeks will be more, some less. Events will be held during day and early evening- we will work with the “right person” to set appropriate schedule.
5. Other Important Information:
a. Paid internship: $10/hr OR for graduate student, potential GA position.
b. Must be available for Chancellor’s Committee meetings (3rd Thursday of the month 2-3pm)
c. Upper classman/graduate student preferred
d. Must have INTEREST in wellness- AD can teach you more…
e. Must be available thru at least Spring 2016 (graduation)
f. Potential for longer appointment
1. Please send to interested/amazing upper classman/graduate students.
2. Interested candidates should:
a. Check out the UNL Wellness Initiative Website/FB page (website: http://wellness.unl.edu)
b. Put together a brief proposal, covering:
i. Specific highlights & suggestions concerning the website/facebook page to increase awareness/promotion of wellness initiative
ii. Consider two of the following programs/events and demonstrate a proposal for building awareness/excitement/participation these (choose only 2. You can find descriptions on wellness.unl.edu)
1. Wellness on Wheels Program
3. Demonstration Kitchen/Cooking Classes
c. Set up a time for in-person interviews in which candidates present 15 min (total) on above.
Set up a time for in-person interviews in which candidates present 15 min (total) on above.
Kimberly Barrett, M.Ed., CWPD, ACE
Assistant Director, UNL Campus Recreation
Wellness Services & Fitness Program
55 Campus Recreation, PO Box 880232
Lincoln, NE 68588-0232
Student Intern - CITY CAMPUS
NIC Business Center
The Nebraska Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NE MEP) is searching for an enthusiastic, self-motivated undergraduate or graduate student with an interest in providing support services to the manufacturing industry in Nebraska. The appropriate individual will have a background in marketing, communications, advertising, public relations, entrepreneurship, business administration, or a related field. Experience working for a manufacturing firm or demonstrated understanding of manufacturing is desirable. Creativity, innovation and self-direction are expected. Academic credit will not be available nor will it be awarded for the internship.
The selected individual will gain practical business experience through assisting NE MEP administrative and field staff members. Duties will include:
1) Involvement with developing and implementing a marketing strategy surrounding various social media platforms
2) Creation of website content combined with website maintenance; Experience in web development and/or knowledge of search engine optimization beneficial
3) Updating of databases and general data analysis; Attention to detail required
4) Creation of graphics and other communication visuals for reports; Knowledge of Excel useful
5) Interviewing manufacturing professionals and writing Success Stories
6) Other duties as assigned
TO APPLY: Complete applications will include a cover letter, resume, and list of three references. Review of applications will begin October 2, 2015, and continue until the position is filled. Hourly rate ($10-12/hr) will be commensurate with skills and experiences. Inquiries regarding this search and completed applications may be addressed to: Suzanne Weeder Einspahr, Business Coordinator, NE MEP, 104 Chase Hall, Lincoln, NE 68583-0727, firstname.lastname@example.org or (402) 472-5993.
The Nebraska Manufacturing Extension Partnership (nemep.unl.edu) is a member of the Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) National Network of the National Institute of Standards and Technology that works with U.S. manufacturers to create and retain jobs, increase profits, save time and money, and expand into new markets. MEP is built around manufacturing extension centers locally positioned throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico addressing the critical and often unique needs of America’s manufacturers.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is committed to a pluralistic campus community through affirmative action, equal opportunity, work-life balance, and dual careers.
Student Workers - CITY CAMPUS
UNL Facilities Management and Planning
Facilities Inventory has an open student position with the following duties:
• Provide check out services to Facilities Management & Planning employees
• Pull orders for custodial distribution and deliver to campus-wide buildings
• Shelve inventory and non-stock supplies
• Perform other services including general upkeep of the inventory area and inventory counts
• Flexible hours can be scheduled around the student's classes
• Prefer at least a minimum of 10-15 hours per week between 7 AM and 4:30 PM
• Hiring rate will be $8.50 per hour
TO APPLY: Please contact Amber Brannigan at email@example.com if you are interested in this position.
Athletics Training Table-Dining Service Assistant- CITY CAMPUS
UNL Athletics - Hewit Center
Come Join the Husker Family.
Nebraska Athletics Lewis Dining Center (Training Table) is looking for dependable, motivated individuals to work in various positions during the AM, lunch and, dinner meals. Restaurant/Food Service/Nutrition experience helpful but not required.
$8.00, increasing to $9.00 January 1st. Flexible hours between 7:00am-8:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Apply at the Lewis Dining Center located inside West Memorial Stadium.
American Academy of Advertising Global Conference Proceedings, Editor - CITY CAMPUS
UNL College of Journalism & Mass Communication
Are you interested in learning more about cutting-edge academic research in international advertising, including work about data collection in a digital environment, media effects, and creative women in the Asia/Pacific region? Frauke Hachtmann, associate dean and co-chair of the American Academy of Advertising Global Conference, is looking to hire a CoJMC student to help edit the conference proceedings. Successful candidates should have taken JOUR 201, ADPR 221, or ADPR 451. TO APPLY: For more details about this paid, 10-hour project, please contact Frauke Hachtmann (firstname.lastname@example.org, 402-472-9848).
Dairy Store Staff - EAST CAMPUS
UNL Dairy Store
Come be part of a Husker tradition! The UNL Dairy Store is looking for Part-time morning help from 7:30am to 1:30pm or 8:30am to 2:30pm. Come join a team where the fun never ends. We offer competitive wages, a casual working environment and flexible scheduling around class schedule. Excellent customer service skills and smiles are a must. Work study is preferred, but not required. We're seeking individuals that can commit now and throughout the summer and the next school year. TO APPLY: Pick up and complete an application at the Dairy Store (114 Food Industry Complex), Monday - Friday between 8am - 2pm.
Welcome Desk Ambassador - EAST CAMPUS
UNL Nebraska East Union
The Union Crossing Welcome Desk serves as the main hub of information for the entire university. Welcome Desk Ambassadors will strive to provide the best customer service on campus to all guests of the Nebraska East Union through positive customer interactions, efficient and effective delivery of UNL information and bringing a very positive attitude to work each and every day. They will truly serve as great ambassadors to the entire university community.
Job Specific Duties:
• Provide exceptional customer service both in person and over the phone to all guests of the Nebraska East Union through handling of inquiries regarding both the Nebraska East Union as well as the entire University of Nebraska-Lincoln community
• Serve as the pulse point for communication with administration, full-time support staff, and other student staff regarding concerns, suggestions, and issues involving the day to day operations of the Nebraska East Union
• Operate the Welcome Desk and direct the sale of products
• Stock product and maintain overall appearance of the area
• Maintain a clean and an organized work environment
• Effectively Communicate information regarding a wide variety of University of Nebraska-Lincoln programs and offerings and appropriate delivery methods
• Embrace and enforce Nebraska East Union policies and procedures in regards to event space, tenants, and specific details about offerings in the Nebraska East Union
• Utilize and research the University of Nebraska-Lincoln website and the world wide web to answer guest questions and inquires
• Assist with Nebraska East Union event customer service and operations as needed
• University of Nebraska-Lincoln student enrolled in a minimum of nine credits
• Customer service experience
• Cash handling experience
• Working knowledge of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln campuses
• Desire to learn and grow as a young professional
• Willingness to work early mornings, nights and weekend
Pay rate: $8.25/hour
Hours Requirement: Candidates selected for the position must commit to work a minimum of nine hours per week during the academic year.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter stating your interest in the position, a current resume and three references to email@example.com
Child Care Student Employee - CITY CAMPUS
UNL Children's Center
Work at the UNL Children's Center - Assist the Lead and Assistant Teachers with the care of the children. We have eleven different classrooms serving children ages 6 weeks to 6 years of age. Must be student attending UNL with an interest in working with children with preference given to education majors. Training will be provided. Must be certified in CPR/First Aid within 30 days of employment. Schedules are done on a Monday - Wednesday - Friday and/or Tuesday - Thursday basis. Substitute hours are available as well. $8.00/hour for 5-20 hours/week.
TO APPLY: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with hours that you are available to work and your major course of study. Please list your phone number. Application and Qualification forms to be completed and are available through Husker Hire Link, Career Services' online job listing service at www.unl.edu/careers. This application and qualification form is attached to this job posting in Husker Hire Link. For assistance with Husker Hire Link, visit Career Services at 225 Nebraska Union.
Snack Bar Attendant Job #201
Pepsi Cola of Lincoln
General Summary Description:
Under general direction of the University Manager, sells food and beverage products to University of Nebraska students, faculty, and staff. Monitors inventory levels by ordering supplies, stocking merchandise, and taking inventory of products.
• Customer service skills.
• Set up snack bar and coffee pots daily.
• Sell snack and beverage products to customers.
• Operate various pieces of equipment, such as the cash register and Espresso Machine.
• Stock snack and beverage merchandise.
• Maintain a clean snack bar and track waste as needed.
• Organize work with very little supervision.
• Order supplies and products as needed.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Management.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Training and Experience:
1-2 years of related work experience preferred
$8 per hour with approximately 20 hours per week.
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.linpepco.com!