Whether you need help choosing or changing a major or have a major you love but questions about careers it may lead to, Career Services can help.
(Summer 10-12, 1-3
Call or schedule on-line
Find out more about how to explore majors and careers.
Identify your interests and skills through a Career Assessment. Career Services offers the Campbell Interest and Skill Survey as well as the Strong Interest Inventory ($10 fee). Your Career Counselor will refer you to one of these and arrange a follow up meeting to discuss the results and next steps.
Additional free assessements:
Explore UNL Majors
- Career Guide to UNL Majors
Information on recent UNL graduates in all majors.
- Majors List (Admissions)
- Undergraduate Bulletin
- Academic Advising Contacts
- The Explore Center
1 out of 5 UNL students enter still deciding a college or major. The Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising staff help them choose courses that keep them on track for the different majors and colleges they are considering.
- What Can I Do With This Major? Information about industries, employers and career strategies for common college majors.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook Career information including the nature of work, training and qualifications, outlook, earnings.
- Nebraska Labor Market information includes workforce and employer trends.
- What Color is Your Parachute
A resource for self assessment and job search.