The University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) Career Services web-based software program known as "Husker Hire Link" is part of the NACElink Network, owned and operated by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). Both UNL Career Services and NACE are committed to maintaining the privacy of personal information for users ("you" or "user") of NACElink ("Site"). Employers may use the NACElink Network to post employment opportunities directly on NACElink.com, through the UNL Career Services web site, or through NACE's web site, NACEWeb, where there is a direct link to NACElink. UNL is a NACElink Network School and uses NACElink to provide a web-based system for job posting, resume data base, career fair registration, and on-campus interview scheduling. Students/alumni use NACElink though their college/university career centers to post resumes, review job opportunities, learn about career fairs and events, and participate in on-campus interviews.
NACE's commitment to all users—schools, employers, and students/alumni—is that NACE will maintain the confidentiality of all information collected on NACElink and NACE will not sell, transmit, or disclose in any fashion this information to any other organization.
How Will NACE or UNL Career Services Use Personally Identifiable Information Collected?
- To enable employers to access and use various tools, features, and functionality of the NACElink system, such as posting jobs and interview schedules, and using resume search engines.
- To enable students/alumni to access various tools, features, and functions of the NACElink system, in particular, job posting, and resume data bases.
- To communicate with employers regarding use of NACElink, advise of Site changes, or to inform students/alumni of other possible events/activities associated with recruiting.
Refer to the NACElink Privacy Statement for technical details and a description of the NACElink.com site. Below is information specific to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- UNL Career Services may access some of the job seeker's personal information to send e-mail to a job seeker using communication tools on the Site, to publish resumes in the school's resume book(s) on the Site, and to send resumes to employers on behalf of a student/alumni.
- Employers may have access to limited information from the profile only if the profile matches an employer's search criteria. NACE and UNL Career Services are not responsible for what employers do with personal information available or accessible to them on this Site. While NACE and UNL Career Services endeavor to restrict access to this data base to eligible employers, NACE cannot guarantee that other parties will not, without our consent, gain access to the data base.
- Jobs posted on the NACElink Network are not reviewed by UNL Career Services before posting. Site users are urged to validate job postings and use caution and common sense when applying. Do not disclose Social Security numbers, credit card information, or bank account numbers to unknown employers.
UNL has associated itself with NACE and NACElink in order to provide improved career services to UNL students and alumni. Many of the provisions contained in this Statement are based upon representations made by NACE and NACElink. While UNL believes that NACE and NACElink provide a valuable service to our UNL job seeking community, NACE and NACElink are not related to UNL. Therefore, UNL can not guaranty nor does it otherwise accept responsibility for any portion of this Statement that depends upon NACE's representations and its compliance with those representations.