Career Services offers free interview space on-campus. Use Husker Hire Link to request an interview schedule. You can also use HHL to:
- Log in to Husker Hire Link using your e-mail address and password. If you do not have an account, click here to create one.
- Click on the tab “On Campus Interviewing (OCI)”
- Click on “Request a Schedule”
- Enter: interview date, schedule type, job title(s), description(s), required major(s) and graduation date range
- Click "submit"
- Your request will be reviewed by our staff within two business days and you will receive an e-mail confirmation with details.
- Preselect - Career Services provides the room(s). Additionally, your position, resumes and schedule are all managed seamlessly through Husker Hire Link. This option is only available if it is requested at least three weeks before the interview date.
- Open – This is the same as the preselect option with one exception. Recruiters do not preselect candidates. Students submit their resumes and choose an interview time on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Room only - Career Services provides only the room(s). It is our understanding that you will schedule interviews directly with candidates. Please bring a copy of your final interview schedule on the day of interviews so that we can post it on our waiting room bulletin board.
Interviews are typically held at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, city campus, 225 Nebraska Union, 14th & R Streets, Career Resource Center. We also have limited space available on East Campus.
Unfortunately free parking is not available due to ongoing construction projects. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience. Click Here for more information about parking garages, lodging options as well as driving directions.
- Conduct a web-based video interview. Career Services offers a room for students that has web-based video capability including Skype. To use this option, make your request just as you would for an on-campus interview. Simply select “City Campus – Skype Room” for the interview location. The interviewer will need a computer with a video camera and Skype (or other software) installed. The interview schedule will be in Central Time.
- Conduct a phone interview. Career Services offers a room for students that has a land-line telephone. To use this option, make your request just as you would for an on-campus interview. Select “City Campus – Phone Room” for the interview location. The interview schedule will be in Central Time.
- How do I request an interview date/schedule?
- What are “preselect”, “room only” and “open” schedules?
- Where are interviews held?
- What about parking, lodging, directions?
- How can I arrange interviews with UNL students without coming to campus?
- How do I cancel an interview?
Still have questions?
Please contact Kim Afrank, (402) 472-8055.
Interviews After Career Fairs
Due to the demand for space on days following our career fairs, individual interview rooms are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Additional interview space is available in a large room with tables. There is no charge to conduct on-campus interviews.
After completing the registration for a career fair, use Husker Hire Link to request an on-campus interview reservation for the following day or another day in the future.
NOTE: It is the policy of UNL Career Services to not grant an interview time at the request of a student. If a student is to be added to an organization’s schedule, a representative of the organization must request the addition. To interview a student who is not an accountholder or who is ineligible for UNL’s Husker Hire Link system, you will need to contact the student directly and write the student in on your own schedule.