Job opportunities with the U.S. government are available nationwide in many career fields. The application and hiring process differs from a traditional job search. These resources will help you find listings and learn how to apply.
Husker Hire Link
Connect with employers for jobs and internships. It's free, convenient and easy to use. Log-in or create an account now!
- The USAJOBS Resource Center offers tips on how to write a federal resume and answer relevant position questions.
- The Resume Place helps students and recent graduates find and apply for federal jobs.
- Federal Employment of People with Disabilities provides information and resources for federal employment candidates with a disability.
Exploring and Researching Opportunities
- Pathways is an initiative streamlining the federal job search for students and recent graduates.
- Federal Jobs by College Major assists in choosing a career by your major field of study.
- Federal Occupation Groups classifies jobs in terms of subject matter, level of difficulty and responsibility, and qualifications.
- USA.gov is the official portal to all federal, state and local government resources and services and lists all U.S. Government Departments and Agencies.
- The Partnership for Public Service works to make the government an employer of choice for talented, dedicated Americans through educational outreach, research, legislative advocacy, and hands-on partnerships with agencies on workforce management issues.
- Where the Jobs Are lists the mission critical hiring needs for the federal government.
- Making the difference assists with the search and federal government application process including tips on how to use USAJobs and information on Security Clearances.
Federal Job Listings
Resources for Veterans
- FedsHireVets assists veterans, transitioning service members and family members in the federal government job search.
- Vet Success aids veterans and their families in transiting from military to civilian life at work, on campus, at home and in the community.
- G.I. Jobs provides job opportunities, education, and transition assistance for military veterans.
- FedJobs Career Central enables veterans to identify career opportunities based on their military experience.
- The Employer Partnership allows veterans to use their military training and experience for civilian career opportunities with national, regional and local employers.
- Troops to Teachers is a U.S. Dept. of Education and Dept. of Defense program that helps military personnel begin a teaching career.