Before accepting an offer in a new geographic location, it is crucial to understand the cost of living, culture and opportunities. Use these resources to research a fair salary and benefits package as well as housing options.
Meet with Career Services for assistance accepting, declining and negotiating offers.
Husker Hire Link
Connect with employers for jobs and internships. It's free, convenient and easy to use. Log-in or create an account now!
- Salaries of recent UNL Graduates
- Internship Pay Rates of UNL students
- State of Nebraska Salary Survey
- NACE Salary Calculator
- Glassdoor.com provides salary information and reviews for over 20,000 companies.
- CNN Money Cost of Living Calculator quickly compares salary and related cost of living.
- Cost of Living comparison includes other comparisons such as home prices, rent, and groceries.
- Salary.com provides salary reports for numerous career fields and articles on benefits and office etiquette.
Relocation Guides and Resources
- CityTownInfo.com offers profiles of over 20,000 U.S. cities.
- Find your Spot allows you to search for your best place based on what is important to you.
- Nebraska Community Profiles provides information on communities and employers.
- News Link connects to U.S., Non-U.S. and Business newspapers.
- World Chamber Network is a global directory of Chambers of Commerce.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce site can be searched to find local Chambers of Commerce.
Money Management Center
The Student Money Management Center (237 Nebraska Union) help students better manage their finances and make good financial decisions. A few topics:
- Financial Goals
- Saving Money
- Debt Repayment
- Employee Benefits
- Major Purchases