Series Editor, New Perspectives on World Cinema, Anthem Press, London
Degrees and institutions granting the degree
Rutgers University, BA
University of Nebraska—Lincoln, MA
University of Nebraska—Lincoln, PhD
Professional areas of specialty
Film, cultural studies, film theory, race, class and gender theory
Courses regularly taught
Women Filmmakers 239B, Film Theory and Criticism 373, Postcolonial Film Theory 373, Advanced Screenwriting 459A, Film Directors 239, Women's Films (413/813), Comedy Directors (239).
Please see Film Studies Curriculum at programs/filmstudies.html
Selected publications and/or projects
- 21st-Century Hollywood: Movies in the Era of Transformation by Wheeler Winston Dixon and Gwendolyn Audrey Foster. Rutgers University Press, 2011.
- A Short History of Film by Wheeler Winston Dixon and Gwendolyn Audrey Foster. Rutgers University Press, 2008.
- Class-Passing: Performing Social Mobility in Film and Popular Culture, Southern Illinois University Press, 2005.
- Performing Whiteness: Postmodern Re/Constructions, State University of New York Press, 2003.
- Experimental Cinema: The Film Reader, co-edited by Gwendolyn Audrey Foster and Wheeler Winston Dixon, Routledge, 2002.
- Troping The Body: Gender, Etiquette and Performance, Southern Illinois University Press, 2000. 144 pages.
- Identity and Memory: The Films of Chantal Akerman, editor and essayist, Southern Illinois University Press, 2003.
- Captive Bodies: Postcolonial Subjectivity in the Cinema. State University of New York Press, 1999.
College of Arts & Sciences Distinguished Teaching Award, 2004.
Gwendolyn Audrey Foster
224 Andrews Hall
Lincoln, NE 68588-0333