Associate Professor of Practice
Degrees and institutions granting the degree
Rutgers College, BA
University of Virginia, MA
University of Virginia, PhD
Professional areas of specialty
Pedagogy, Basic Writing and College Access, Teaching with Technology, Learning Transfer, Digital Rhetoric.
Courses regularly taught
Rhetoric as Argument, Writing and Communities, CriticalReading Studio, Nebraska Writing Project Technology Institute
Selected Publications, Projects, and Awards
- UNL College of Arts and Sciences Distinguished Teaching Award (2011)
- Desmet, Christy, June Griffin, Deborah Church Miller, Ron Balthazor, and Robert Cummings. "Re-visioning Revision with ePortfolios in the University of Georgia First-Year Composition Program." Electronic Portfolios 2.0: Emergent Findings and Shared Questions. Ed. Darren Cambridge, Barbara Cambridge, Kathleen Yancey. Stylus Press, 2009.
- Improving Writing in the History Survey Courses, ITLE grant with William Thomas (2008)
- Certificate of Recognition for Contribution to Students, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Parents Association (2008)
- Desmet, Christy, Deborah Church Miller, June Griffin, Ron Balthazor, and Robert Cummings. "Reflection, Revision, and Assessment in First-year Composition ePortfolios." The Journal of General Education. Forthcoming.
- Desmet, Christy, Sharon McCoy, June Griffin, Joe Crim, Marcus Fechheimer. "Exploring the Evidence: Campus-Wide Initiatives in the First College Year - University of Georgia Learning Communities, University of Georgia." Exploring the Evidence: Campus-Wide Initiatives in the First Year College. National Resource Center for The First-Year Experience and Students in Transition. Dec. 2007.
- Re-visioning Revision in First-Year Composition." Conference on College Composition and Communication 2007. New York. March 24, 2007.
- Franklin Fellow Teaching Award, University of Georgia, (2004-2005)
- Colomb, Gregory C. and June Griffin, "Coherence On and Off the Page: What Writers Can Know about Writing Coherently." New Literary History. 35 (2004): 273-301.
106 Andrews Hall
Lincoln, NE 68588-0333