Fellow, Center for Digital Research in the Humanities
Degrees and institutions granting the degree
- Rutgers University, BA (1992)
- University of Virginia, MA (2000)
- University of Virginia, PhD (2003)
Professional areas of specialty
- Digital Humanities
- Theory of new media
- Theater History
Courses regularly taught
- Electronic Texts
- Modern Drama
- Reading Machines: Toward an Algorithmic Criticism (University of Illinois Press, 2011).
- Mathematics for the Humanist (forthcoming, Oxford University Press)
- "Programming with Humanists: Reflections on Raising an Army of Hacker-Scholars in the Digital Humanities"Teaching Digital Humanities: Principles, Practices, and Politics. (digitalculturebooks series, University of Michigan Press, 2012).
- "Developing Things: Notes Toward an Epistemology of Building in the Digital Humanities (with Geoffrey Rockwell) Debates in the Digital Humanities (University of Minnesota Press, 2012).
- "The Hermeneutics of Screwing Around"PastPlay (University of British Columbia Press, 2012).
- "Algorithmic Criticism," Blackwell Companion to Digital Literary Studies (2007)
- "In Praise of Pattern,"TEXT Technology 14.2 (2005)
- "Toward an Algorithmic Criticism,"Literary and Linguistic Computing 18.2 (2003)
303 Andrews Hall
Lincoln, NE 68588?0333