Equity, Access and Diversity Programs (IEC) must approve applicants before any interviews are scheduled. No interviews may take place before the posted review of applications date. Preliminary interviews are usually telephone interviews, conference interviews or contacts, requiring the submission of additional materials such as portfolios, etc. IEC will review the search process for possible concerns and work with the chair of the search committee if additional information is needed.
Steps for Submitting a Short List
1. Login to PeopleAdmin (employment.unl.edu/hr) and open your requisition. Changes can only be made by the hiring manager listed in the requisition.
2. Select the Applicants tab.
3. Select the applicants you would like to interview by checking the box to the left of their names. Click Actions above the applicant list and select Move in Workflow.
4. In the Change For All Applicants dropdown list, select either EAD/Preliminary Short List Approval or EAD/Short List Approval (what’s the difference?). Save your changes.
5. Notify IEC via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) that your short list is ready. Attach the committee applicant log to the email. IEC will review the submitted documentation and either approve the interviews or seek additional information. The search chair will be notified via email of this approval. This process needs to be repeated if you conducted preliminary interviews and now want to bring applicants to campus or if you want to interview additional applicants.
6. An offer of employment may be extended to an approve short list applicant after all of those applicants have been interviewed. IEC is not usually involved in this stage of the search process.