|Lloyd Bell, College of Agricultureemail@example.com||August 2013|
|Sharon Kuska, School of Architecturefirstname.lastname@example.org||August 2013|
|Glenn Ledder, College of Arts & Sciencesemail@example.com||August 2013|
|Richard DeFusco, College of Business Administration (CHAIR)||firstname.lastname@example.org||August 2013|
|Linda Young, College of Education & Human Sciencesemail@example.com||August 2015|
|David Admiraal, College of Engineeringfirstname.lastname@example.org||August 2015|
|Santiago Cal, College of Fine & Performing Arts (CHAIR)||email@example.com||August 2015|
|Ruth Brown, College of Journalism & Mass Communicationsfirstname.lastname@example.org||August 2013|
|Jack Morris, APC Representativeemail@example.com||August 2013|
|Zac Reicher, Faculty Senate Representativefirstname.lastname@example.org||August 2013|
|Patrice Berger, Director, University Honors Programemail@example.com||cont.|
|Gail Meyer, Office of Registartion & Recordsfirstname.lastname@example.org||cont.|
|Keith Dawson, Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairsemail@example.com||cont.|
|Amy Goodburn, Associate Vice Chancellor, Academic Affairsfirstname.lastname@example.org||cont.|
|Nancy Mitchell, Director, Undergraduate Educationemail@example.com||cont.|
|Brooke Glenn, Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org||cont.|
The Curriculum Committee shall consist of the following voting members:
(a) one faculty member representing each of the undergraduate colleges selected as determined by their respective faculties;
(b) one faculty member selected by the Academic Planning Committee;
(c) two students representing two different undergraduate colleges, selected as determined by ASUN;
(d) one faculty member appointed by the President of the Faculty Senate;
and the following non-voting members:
(e) the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, or designee; and
(f) the Director of the Honors Program, or designee;
(g) representative of the Office of Registration and Records; and
(h) Secretary, to be appointed by the Dean of Undergraduate Studies
(i) a liaison from the Graduate Council
(j) Director of General Education
The Achievement-Centered Education (ACE) Subcommittee shall consist of the eight faculty members specificed in (a). All other members of the Curriculum Committee may participate as non-voting members in the activities of the ACE Subcommittee.
TERM OF OFFICE
Faculty members shall serve three year terms, except for the Faculty Senate President's appointee who shall serve a one year term. Student members shall serve two year terms. The terms will begin with the Academic year and will be staggered. Initial terms shall be established by the Committee on Committees, and it will be the responsibility of the Committee on Committees to notify appropriate constituent groups when replacements are needed.
(1) The Curriculum Committee shall receive notification of undergraduate courses and programs of study after they have been approved by the curriculum committees of the undergraduate colleges, and notification of approval or disapproval of all curricular changes in the undergraduate colleges.
(1a) Colleges have the primary responsibility for setting standards for and evaluating routine curricular matters such as course descrptions, course content, course requirements, and course syllabi. The UCC will receive and review proposals from the college curriculum committees that deal with such routine curricular matters. The UCC will return such proposals to the college curriculum committees for reconsideration only in cases where there appears to be a serious oversight on the part of the curriculum committee.
(1b) The UCC will engage in a more substantive review of proposals that have implications that go beyond the individual colleges, such as those that involve multiple colleges, those that involve campus-wide requirements, and those pertaining to campus-wide academic programs.
(2) The Curriculum Committee shall appoint ad hoc subcommittees and/or liaison person(s) to assist the Committee in reviewing course proposals in intercollegiate, multi-disciplinary areas within the University.
(3) The Curriculum Committee shall make specific proposals for curricular developments and coordination to the curriculum committees of the undergraduate colleges, with the understanding that these committees are obliged to consider such proposals and make formal affirmative or negative response to the Curriculum Committee.
(4) The Curriculum Committee shall respond to curricular and program suggestions put forward by the Academic Planning Committee, and report at least once annually to the Faculty Senate and to the Academic Planning Committee on its activities and plans.
(5) The Curriculum Committee shall maintain liaison with the Graduate Council so as to coordinate the undergraduate and graduate curricula and programs.
(6) The Curriculum Committee shall serve as a safeguard against needless and wasteful curricular duplication by reviewing all proposals for modification in undergraduate courses and for new undergraduate courses proposed by the undergraduate colleges, including all courses in the 001 through 499 series that are available to the undergraduate students. This function is to be discharged by referring any findings of needless duplication to the appropriate undergraduate college. Prior to being listed in a college's official announcement, new or modifies courses that in the committee's judgment lead to needless curricular duplication may not be offered or listed in the official announcement of courses of a college.
(7) The Curriculum Committee shall undertake periodic comprehensive examinations of the University's undergraduate curricula for the purpose of eliminating wasteful duplication.
(8) The ACE Subcommittee of the Curriculum Committee shall have the duties and powers specified in the ACE Proposals and shall operate as specified in the ACE Proposals. Any changes to the Subcommittee's duties, powers, or procedures subsequent to the Faculty Senate's approval of the ACE Proposals must be approved by the Faculty Senate.
OPERATING PROCEDURES AND GUIDELINES ADOPTED BY COMMITTEE
The committee shall file in the Faculty Senate Office (a) minutes of its meetings, and (b) a current statement of operating procedures and guidelines adopted by the committee itself. For more information on this committee and general academic Senate rules governing its operations see the Preface.