Prepare for Your Future

Fulbright Pathway


Earliest you can apply: SENIOR YEAR

Grants are awarded to seniors and graduate students in all academic fields and in the creative and performing arts. There are essentially two different kinds of Fulbrights: 1. the RESEARCH Fulbright (to conduct research or a project abroad) or the ETA (to be an assistant English teacher abroad). 

Applicants must be U.S. citizens and hold a B.A. degree or the equivalent before the beginning date of the grant. For certain countries, applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the written and spoken language of the host country to communicate with the people and carry out the proposed study. In other countries, knowledge of the host language is not expected.  Fulbright grants provide round-trip airfare, language or orientation courses (where appropriate), tuition (in some cases), book and research allowances, maintenance for the academic year, supplemental health and accident insurance, and, in some cases, funds for spousal support. Campus deadline: early September; National deadline: late October. Contact Dr. Laura Damuth for information.

Fulbright Timeline

Fulbright Checklist

ยป Back to Fellowship Preparation