Released: September 19, 2011
Lincoln, Neb. - A 12-member committee, led by Susan Poser, dean of the College of Law, has started the search process to forward candidates for a new dean of the Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts.
The committee was appointed by Ellen Weissinger, senior vice chancellor for academic affairs.
The college includes the School of Music, the Department of Art and Art History and the Johnny Carson School of Theatre and Film.
The university has enlisted the service of Korn/Ferry International to assist in the search process.
The deadline for applications is Nov. 1. University faculty are encouraged to nominate or forward names for consideration to UNL-HLFPA@kornferry.com.
In addition to Poser, other members of the committee are:
- Kathe Andersen, publications and events coordinator in the college dean's office
- Kaylee Colton, undergraduate student in Theatre and Film
- Regina (O'Rear) Flowers, graduate student in Art and Art History
- Dana Fritz, associate professor of Art and Art History
- Michael James, chair and professor of Textiles, Clothing and Design
- Stanley Kleppinger, assistant professor of Music
- Rhonda Seacrest, community representative
- Virginia Smith, associate professor of Theatre and Film
- Francisco Souto, associate professor of Art and Art History
- Paul Steger, director and professor of Theatre and Film
- Robert Woody, associate professor of Music
The college’s previous dean, Giacomo Oliva, left in June to become provost at the Fashion Institute of Technology at the State University of New York. He had been dean since 2001.
For more information, go to go.unl.edu/hlfpadeansearch.