Released: February 21, 2011
Lincoln, Neb. - The Johnny Carson School of Theatre and Film in the Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln announces a call for entries for the University of Nebraska Comedy Short Screenplay Contest. Deadline for entries remains March 1, 2011. For complete contest rules and entry information, visit unl.edu/theatrearts/screenplay.shtml.
Do you love to write? Do you know humor? Are you a part of the University of Nebraska? The University of Nebraska Comedy Short Screenplay Contest can be your opportunity to collaborate on your screenplay with a professional Hollywood screenwriter, win a cast prize and maybe see your screenplay produced as a short film!
Exactly what type of screenplay are we seeking?
- The screenplay must be a comedy.
- The screenplay must be 15 to 25 pages in length.
- The story must be set in Nebraska or could be filmed in Nebraska.
- The screenplay must have at least 4 major roles for actors 18 to 25 years old (more roles in this range is even better!)
- Three Finalists receive a cash prize of $500 and...
- Have the opportunity to consult directly with an established Hollywood screenwriter to improve their screenplay prior to selection of a Grand Prize Winner.
- The Grand Prize Winner receives an additional $500 and their screenplay will be produced by the Johnny Carson School of Theatre and Film.
Who is eligible?
- The contest is open to all students, faculty and employees at all University of Nebraska campuses.
- Alternately, a faculty member may sponsor one screenplay from a non-University of Nebraska affiliated writer.
BEST OF ALL - THERE IS NO FEE TO ENTER!
HOW TO ENTER - DEADLINE IS MARCH 1, 2011
For complete contest rules and entry information, please visit: unl.edu/theatrearts/screenplay.shtml.