Released: October 21, 2011
Lincoln, Neb. - Theatrix, the student-operated theatre organization under the auspices of the Johnny Carson School of Theatre and Film, continues its 2010-2011 Season of Fire with a devised piece, "Project #1."
"Project #1" is an original piece based on the concepts of identity and fear. It is created by a forgotten generation, searching for identity in a plastic world where fear is the new American dream.
Devised theatre is a form of theatre where the script originates not from a writer, but from collaborative work by a group of people. In this case, the script came together by collaboration of the actors, under the direction of student Jake Denny. Jake and his actors, seniors Jessie Tidball, Devon Schovanec, Rudy Jensen, Reagan Lopez, Adam Gutierrez and junior Jenny Holm, gave shape and form to the piece that is now called "Project #1."
"This show will usher audiences into a abstract world of fear, a world that thrusts you into multiple worlds ranging from a classroom setting to a war setting and a world that will leaving you asking many questions about yourself and your beliefs," according to Nicole Kelly, Managing Director of Theatrix.
Student Production Crew
- "Project #1" is directed by Jake Denny, a senior performance and directing and management undergraduate student at the Johnny Carson School of Theatre and Film.
- The scenic design of technical theatre undergraduate Michael Fortkamp coupled with the lighting design by former Theatrix Artistic Director Cristina A. Skinner will establish the various locations and abstract thinking of the play.
- Ryan Hammack's sound design will enhance the mood of the play and create an ambience that brings the audience into the world of the play.
- Costume designer Jen Hickey defines each individual character ranging from high school students to soldiers.
- Cassandra Tyrrell, the properties master for the production, brings abstract objects into the show to emphasize specific points being made throughout the storyline.
- Technical director Brandon Aylor supervises the entire operation with to ensure the show will be ready for opening night. Together, this technical team transports you from a chair in the theatre into a world of the abstract.
"Project #1" will run October 26-28 at 7:30 p.m. with an additional matinee on Sunday, October 30th at 2:00 p.m. in the Lab Theatre, located on the 3rd floor of the Temple Building, 12th and R streets in Lincoln, Nebr.
Individual show tickets are $6 via credit card (some user fees may be applied) at unltheatretickets.com or at the door the evening of the events (subject to availability).