Doctor of Philosophy
To qualify for the doctoral degree, it is the student’s responsibility to meet the following requirements:
- Complete a program of study and research that includes at least 90 semester credit hours. The Program of Studies should be filed in the Office of Graduate Studies with at least half of the program of courses remaining to be taken for the student’s doctoral program and must be approved by the student’s Supervisory Committee.
- Pass a written comprehensive examination, in the major and minor fields of study.
- Prepare and submit an approved dissertation to the University.
- Pass a Final Examination, which typically involves the defense of the dissertation.
- Complete all work for the doctoral degree within eight years from the date of filing the Program of Studies in the Office of Graduate Studies.
Refer to Doctoral Degree Requirements.