Graduate Studies is in Seaton Hall, on U Street between 15th and 16th Streets. (It's the northernmost part of the Selleck double quadrangle, directly south of the University Health Center.) The entrance to the building is on the inside of the quad, away from the street. Graduate Studies occupies the first floor plus part of the second. More about Seaton Hall...
Visitor parking is available around campus; the nearest spaces are at the meters along 16th Street and S Street. Alternatively, Lincoln has several downtown parking garages which are close to campus.
Stacy Dam, Assistant Director of Graduate Recruitment Maggie Jobes, Assistant Director of Graduate Recruitment Steve Soper, Assistant Director of Information Management Hollie Swanson, Program Coordinator, Recruitment and UCARE Program
Seaton Hall is currently home to Graduate Studies and several other campus offices.
The following is an excerpt from "Open house to showcase Seaton Hall" in the August 25, 2005, edition of The Scarlet.
[Offices now in Seaton Hall] are: the Institute for Ethnic Studies (African American and African Studies, Latino and Latin American Studies, Native American Studies); Graduate Studies; International Studies; Judaic Studies; Plains Humanities Alliance; Undergraduate Studies; Women's Studies; and the Cather Project (whose main office is located in Andrews Hall).
A part of the Selleck Quadrangle, Seaton Hall opened in the fall of 1954. Seaton is named after Lawrence F. Seaton (1887-1948) [who] was the university's operating superintendent and purchasing agent. Seaton, an NU graduate, gave 35 years of service to the university. Under his direction, many prominent campus buildings--including the Coliseum, Field House, Nebraska Union, Andrews Hall, Morrill Hall, Love Library and a number of residence halls--were constructed.
Seaton Hall was first a dormitory during the post war years at UNL when the influx of returning soldiers caused a housing shortage. In the early 1970s Seaton was converted from a residence hall into a number of offices and housed faculty from such departments as educational psychology, actuarial science, and housing.
In Oct. 2000 Graduate Studies became the sole occupant, with a redesigned entryway which included a handicap accessible door and elevator. The Plains Humanities Alliance and the Cather Project joined graduate studies in 2001. In 2003, with the creation of the Office of Undergraduate Studies, plans were under way to renovate the second and third floors to create usable office space and conference rooms.
Renovation began in the summer of 2004 to convert the old offices/dorm rooms and offices began taking up residence [in the spring of 2005].