The Office of Graduate Studies is pleased to call for nominations for its three annual Graduate Recognition Awards and the annual Folsom Distinguished Master's Thesis and Doctoral Awards. We are grateful to the Folsom family and the University of Nebraska Foundation for providing this opportunity to showcase the important scholarly contributions made by our graduate students.
We ask your help in making your students and your colleagues aware of these awards. Please post the Call for Nominations in a prominent place and please consider nominating the work of outstanding graduate students in your program or department.
Past RecipientsThe list of past recipients has links to event pages with photos and details.
Graduate Recognition Awards
About These Awards
- The Dean's Award for Excellence in Graduate Education honors faculty members whose dedication to graduate students and commitment to excellence in graduate mentoring have made a significant contribution to graduate education at UNL.
- The Outstanding Graduate Research Assistant Award recognizes excellence in graduate student research at UNL.
- The Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant Award recognizes graduate teaching assistants who have demonstrated special effectiveness in teaching undergraduates at UNL.
Deadlines for Dean's, GRA, and GTA Awards3:00 PM, Wed, Oct 2, 2013
Deadline for submission of the Graduate Recognition Award Nomination Form.
3:00 PM, Wed, Oct 23, 2013
Supporting materials due from nominees and peer faculty.
Links will be emailed upon submission of nominations.
Folsom Thesis & Dissertation Awards
About These Awards
- The Folsom Distinguished Master's Thesis Award recognizes the outstanding research and creative accomplishments of UNL master's students and includes a $500 honorarium.
- The Folsom Distinguished Doctoral Dissertation Award recognizes the outstanding research and creative accomplishments of UNL doctoral students and includes a $1000 honorarium.
Deadlines for Folsom Awards3:00 PM, Wed, Oct 23, 2013
Deadline for submission of the Folsom Master's Nomination Form or Folsom Doctoral Nomination Form.
Deadline for reviewers. Persons named on nomination forms as reviewers will be contacted by email after the nomination deadline. Each will receive a unique link to a review page containing the nominee's materials and a web-based review form. Preview reviewers' evaluation criteria.
For more information about these nominations, contact Jane Schneider.