One of the best ways to recruit students is to connect them with your department faculty and students and to the campus. Maximize your campus visits and schedule time with the recruitment team in the Office of Graduate Studies!
The Graduate Studies recruitment team offers two separate appointments. You may schedule both for your visitor or either one separately.
This 30 minute appointment provides a student with an overview of graduate school and typically includes conversations about the following topics:
- The University as a land-grant, research institution
- Decentralized application process
- Traditional funding options
- Preparing Future Faculty
- Professional development
- Teaching observations
- Graduation checks
- Graduate student organizations
- City of Lincoln
The 30 minute campus tour includes the facilities most frequented by graduate students:
- Seaton Hall
- University Health Center
- Instructional Design Center
- Campus Recreation Center
- Love Library
- Canfield Administration Building
- Nebraska Union
For your convenience, tours can begin or end at your department. (Tours limited to City Campus.)
Group graduate studies appointments and campus tours are available for multiple students.
Guest parking passes for campus visitors are available from Parking and Transit Services. If you need a guest parking pass on short notice, the recruitment team has a limited supply available.
PacketsThe recruitment team gives each visiting potential student a campus visit packet including the following:
- Graduate Studies brochure
- City and East campus maps
- Information on graduate assistantships
- Campus Recreation flyer
- GRE testing information
- Lincoln visitors' guide
- Map of Lincoln
- Academic and Professional Development information
- Other Graduate Studies gifts
Campus visit packets are available to departments hosting campus visitors.