Deadlines are departmentalDeadlines for each program of study are on our program summary pages.
Some departments set earlier deadlines for international applicants, recognizing the complexity of applying as an international student. We recommend submitting all materials to Graduate Studies at least one month before the department deadline.
For departments with "rolling admission" or no specific deadline, we recommend submitting all materials no later than:
- January 7 to be considered for financial support in the coming academic year
- March 1 for Fall (August start)
- September 1 for Spring (January start)
- February 1 for Summer (May, June, or July start)
Plan aheadApplicants from outside the U.S. should be strategic and apply early. In some parts of the world, you may experience delays for steps like:
- Obtaining official academic records from the schools you attended
- Obtaining financial documents from your bank or sponsor
- Having your non-English documents translated into English
- Mailing your academic records and other application materials
- Taking the GRE or TOEFL and having ETS send your scores
- Getting an appointment for a visa interview at a U.S. Embassy or consulate