Graduate Degree Program Summary
Graduate Degrees Offered
- M.B.A.*, Ph.D.
Application Checklist and Deadlines
Required by the Office of Graduate Studies
- Application for Graduate Admission
- $50 non-refundable application processing fee
- One set of transcripts, uploaded to MyRED (see upload requirements)
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you expect to hold an F or J visa: financial resource information
See also: steps to admission.
After you apply, allow one business day for us to establish your access to GAMES, where you'll complete these departmental requirements:
- Entrance exam(s):
- All: GMAT
- Ph.D. in Marketing Applicants: GMAT or GRE
- Minimum English proficiency: Paper TOEFL 550, Internet TOEFL 80
- Three recommendation letters
- Statement of purpose
- Use GAMES for online submission of materials
DescriptionThe mission of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Business Administration is to foster intellectual curiosity, business insight, and effective leadership. The faculty and staff are dedicated to educating the next generation of ethical global business leaders. As a charter member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Business Administration maintains accreditation and offers both master's and doctoral programs.
The College of Business Administration retains close ties with professional and business leaders who are involved in the classrooms and student organizations. Companies visit the college regularly to meet with faculty, attend job fairs, and forge closer ties with the students.
Housed within the College of Business Administration are centers and programs that receive national acclaim. Several of these include the Bureau of Business Research; the Nebraska Council on Economic Education and the National Center for Research in Economic Education; UNL-Gallup Leadership Institute; the Nebraska Center for Entrepreneurship; and Pan Pacific Business Association.
Courses and MoreStudents in Business are most likely to take courses in:
- Graduate Business Administration (GRBA)
- Accounting (ACCT)
- Finance (FINA)
- Management (MNGT)
- Marketing (MRKT)
- Entrepreneurship (ENTR)
- Management of Information Systems and Technology (MIST)
Students will work with an advisor to create a Program of Studies or Memorandum of Courses during the first half of their coursework.
Faculty and Research
Director of Ph.D. Program
Departments: Have an update for this page? Contact Maggie Jobes.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln does not discriminate based on gender, age, disability, race, color, religion, marital status, veteran's status, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.