Graduate Degree Program Summary
Graduate Degrees Offered
Distance Education OpportunitiesThe M.B.A. degree may be completed entirely online.
Application Checklist and Deadlines
Required by the Office of Graduate Studies
- Application for Graduate Admission
- $50 non-refundable application processing fee
- One set of transcripts, uploaded to MyRED (see upload requirements)
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you expect to hold an F or J visa: financial resource information
See also: steps to admission.
Required by Business (M.B.A.) in GAMES
After you apply, allow one business day for us to establish your access to GAMES, where you'll complete these departmental requirements:
- Entrance exam(s): GMAT or GRE. A score of 600 on GMAT is strongly recommended or equivalent on the GRE.
- Minimum English proficiency: Paper TOEFL 550, Internet TOEFL 80
- Bachelors degree, 3.0 GPA strongly preferred
- Relevant post-graduate work experience, minimum of two years recommended
- Three recommendation letters from professional and/or academic references
- Statement of purpose (optional)
Spring: December 1 Summer: May 1
DescriptionThe University of Nebraska-Lincoln M.B.A. program, accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), equips future business leaders with the qualitative and quantitative skills required to succeed in the business world of today and tomorrow. The program emphasizes managerial skills, team building, and ethics and leadership. Case analysis and presentation skills are incorporated in the curriculum to prepare the student to make a difference in his or her chosen career.
The M.B.A. is a cross-discipline degree that requires study in each of the business areas. The program of study is flexible and a good option for students who do not have a bachelor's degree in business, as the only prerequisites are calculus and statistics. The M.B.A. coursework is also well suited for both full-time and part-time students. The University of Nebraska-Lincoln M.B.A. program provides career planning services as well as opportunities for networking with business professionals.
As an alternative to the on-campus M.B.A. program, students may earn the M.B.A. completely online in a series of 10-week terms. Specializations in agribusiness, international business, marketing or finance are available with the online degree option. See also: Ph.D. programs in Business.
Courses and MoreStudents in Business (M.B.A.) are most likely to take courses in:Course Catalog in the Graduate Bulletin.
Students will work with an advisor to create a Program of Studies or Memorandum of Courses during the first half of their coursework.
Faculty and Research
Departments: Have an update for this page? Contact Maggie Jobes.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln does not discriminate based on gender, age, disability, race, color, religion, marital status, veteran's status, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.