Graduate Certificate Program Summary
The program provides students with the opportunity to explore the field of horticulture beyond the entry level and experience the breadth and diversity of the field with maximum flexibility in course selection. Courses are available in tree, floral, fruit and grape production, as well as in interior plants and business management.
Distance education opportunitiesThis certificate is completed online.
Application checklist and deadlines
Required by the Office of Graduate Studies
- Application for Graduate Admission for a graduate certificate objective
- $50 non-refundable application processing fee
- One set of transcripts, uploaded to MyRED (see upload requirements)
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you hold an F1 visa: concurrent admission to a degree program, because a certificate alone is not sufficient for F1 status
See also: steps to admission.
Required by the department for this certificate
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year college
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (undergraduate and/or graduate)
- Letter of intent
- Resume or vita
- Three letters of recommendation
- Verification of English proficiency (if applicant's native language is not English)
Application deadlineRolling admission, contact department for more information
Courses offered:HORT 824: Plant Nutrition and Nutrient Management
HORT 843E: Advanced Interiorscaping
HORT 843K: Advanced Arboriculture
HORT 844A: Environtmental Nursery Production Practices
HORT 844E: General Viticulture
HORT 888: Business Management of Agricultural Enterprises
Select only 1 course from the following:HORT 842E: Floral Crops Production
HORT 843A: Greenhouse Crop Production
Select only 1 course from the following:HORT 842B: Plant Physiology
HORT 842J: Water Issues in Lawn and Landscape
Departments: Have an update for this page? Contact Maggie Jobes.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln does not discriminate based on gender, age, disability, race, color, religion, marital status, veteran's status, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.