Graduate Certificate Program Summary
Surveys of school personnel consistently indicate behavior management is the area with which they want more experience and training. Further, increasing numbers of students today are presenting more severe challenging behaviors and mental health problems (e.g., depression, ADHD, obsessive-compulsive disorder) than in previous decades. The Behavior Specialist graduate certificate option provides focused, advanced coursework and training for personnel in the fields of special education, school counseling, psychology, and social work, and school administration to address behavioral challenges many students present in schools. Recipients of the proposed certificate will be able to proactively and positively intervene at a high level with students who present challenging behaviors.
Students who obtain this graduate certificate may meet eligibility requirements for the Behavior Intervention Specialist supplemental endorsement from the Nebraska Department of Education. Interested students should work closely with their advisor(s) regarding the NDE endorsment.
Application checklist and deadlines
1. Required by Graduate Studies
Submit these items as part of the standard steps to admission.
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee
- One set of transcripts uploaded to MyRED
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you hold an F1 visa: concurrent admission to a degree program, because a certificate alone is not sufficient for F1 status