Graduate Certificate Program Summary
The program has the potential to serve a variety of people interested in leadership roles in community colleges. The program can serve those who are just beginning their career in community college administration as well as those who are in leadership positions and need or desire additional preparation.
Distance education opportunitiesAll five courses required for this program are completed online.
Application checklist and deadlines
Required by the Office of Graduate Studies
- Application for Graduate Admission for a graduate certificate objective
- $50 non-refundable application processing fee
- One set of transcripts, uploaded to MyRED (see upload requirements)
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you hold an F1 visa: concurrent admission to a degree program, because a certificate alone is not sufficient for F1 status
See also: steps to admission.
Required by the department for this certificate
- Letter of application
- Three letters of recommendation
Application deadlineRolling admissions; contact department for more information.
RequiredEDAD 923: The Community College
EDAD 929: Organizational Development and Change
EDAD 935: Workforce, Economic, and Community Development
EDAD 934: Teaching and Learning in the Community College
EDAD 912B: Community College Leadership
Departments: Have an update for this page? Contact Maggie Jobes.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln does not discriminate based on gender, age, disability, race, color, religion, marital status, veteran's status, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.