Graduate Certificate Program Summary
The program has the potential to serve a variety of people interested in leadership roles in community colleges. The program can serve those who are just beginning their career in community college administration as well as those who are in leadership positions and need or desire additional preparation.
Distance education opportunitiesAll five courses required for this program are completed online.
Application checklist and deadlines
Required by the Office of Graduate Studies
- Application for Graduate Admission for a graduate certificate objective
- $50 non-refundable application processing fee
- One set of transcripts confirming eligibility for graduate-level study, uploaded to MyRED (see transcript upload requirements)
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you hold an F1 visa: concurrent admission to a degree program, because a certificate alone is not sufficient for F1 status
See also: steps to admission.
Required by the department for this certificate
After you apply, allow one business day for us to establish your access to GAMES, where you'll complete these departmental requirements:
- Letter of application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Minimum English proficiency: Paper TOEFL 550, Internet TOEFL 79, IELTS 6.5
Application deadlineRolling admissions; contact department for more information.
The Community College Leadership Certificate is a 15 credit hour program. To earn the Certificate, participants must first be admitted to the program and then complete the five designated courses, 3 credit hours each, in the Department of Educational Administration (EDAD).
Departments: Have an update for this page? Contact Stacy Dam.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln does not discriminate based on gender, age, disability, race, color, religion, marital status, veteran's status, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.