Graduate Certificate Program Summary
This certificate is for K-12 science educators who are interested in expanding their knowledge of biological science. Students in the Science for Educators concentration of the Master of Applied Science can also enhance their program of studies with this certificate.
Distance education opportunitiesAll required courses for this program can be completed online.
This graduate certificate is offered by the Department of Entomology.
Application checklist and deadlines
Required by the Office of Graduate Studies
- Application for Graduate Admission for a graduate certificate objective
- $50 non-refundable application processing fee
- One set of transcripts confirming eligibility for graduate-level study, uploaded to MyRED (see transcript upload requirements)
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you hold an F1 visa: concurrent admission to a degree program, because a certificate alone is not sufficient for F1 status
See also: steps to admission.
Required by the department for this certificate
- Letter stating background and professional goals in pursuing this certificate
- Three letters of recommendation
- Minimum English proficiency: Paper TOEFL 550, Internet TOEFL 79, IELTS 6.5
Application deadlineRolling admission; contact the department for more information.
Departments: Have an update for this page? Contact Stacy Dam.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln does not discriminate based on gender, age, disability, race, color, religion, marital status, veteran's status, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.