Graduate Certificate Program Summary
The Certificate Program in Quilt Studies at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) is a graduate program offered by the Department of Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design. It allows graduate and post-baccalaureate students to gain scholarly credentials in Quilt Studies. The Quilt Studies Certificate strengthens credentials of curators, collection managers, appraisers, collectors and educators. The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is an international leader in the field of quilt studies with its renowned International Quilt Study Center and Museum (IQSCM) and its comprehensive collection of quilts spanning five centuries and representing quiltmaking traditions around the world.
The Quilt Studies faculty, all members of the Department of Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design, are recognized leaders in the field. They teach, conduct research and engage in creative activity, and they participate in a variety of quilt-related research and educational initiatives around the world.
Application checklist and deadlines
1. Required by Graduate Studies
Submit these items as part of the standard steps to admission.
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee
- One set of transcripts uploaded to MyRED
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you hold an F1 visa: concurrent admission to a degree program, because a certificate alone is not sufficient for F1 status
2. Required by the department
After you apply, allow one business day for us to set up your access so you can complete these requirements via MyRED.
The Graduate Certificate in Quilt Studies is open to graduate students currently enrolled in graduate degree programs at UNL, and is also available as a standalone (non-degree) post-baccalaureate certification.