Graduate Degree Program Summary
Graduate Degrees Offered
- M.S.; Ph.D.
- Insect Ecology
- Insect Physiology and Toxicology
- Management of Insects and other Arthropods
- Medical and Veterinary Entomology
- Plant-Arthropod Interactions
- Plant Resistance to Biotic and Abiotic Stresses
- Stress Biology
Distance Education OpportunitiesM.S. with all areas of study
Application Checklist and Deadlines
Required by the Office of Graduate Studies
- Application for Graduate Admission
- $50 non-refundable application processing fee
- One set of transcripts, uploaded to MyRED (see upload requirements)
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you expect to hold an F or J visa: financial resource information
See also: steps to admission.
The Department of Entomology offers resident M.S. and Ph.D. programs and distance M.S. programs. The department makes a firm commitment to its students and provides strong mentoring relationships between the students and major professors.
The department offers a strong curriculum and provides numerous professional opportunities for its students. This student-centered focus is reflected in the many awards received by the students and in their consistent placement in professional careers.
The Department of Entomology is part of the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources, and is involved in research, teaching, and extension arenas. Department faculty are internationally recognized and work in both applied and basic entomology. The department has research sites across Nebraska and collaborative relationships with both domestic and international scientists and educators.
Courses and MoreStudents in Entomology are most likely to take courses in:Course Catalog in the Graduate Bulletin.
Students will work with an advisor to create a Program of Studies or Memorandum of Courses during the first half of their coursework.
Faculty and Research
Departments: Have an update for this page? Contact Maggie Jobes.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln does not discriminate based on gender, age, disability, race, color, religion, marital status, veteran's status, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.