Graduate Degree Program Summary
Graduate Degrees Offered
Distance Education OpportunitiesM.Eng. with an area of study in Engineering Management
Application Checklist and Deadlines
Required by the Office of Graduate Studies
- Application for Graduate Admission
- $50 non-refundable application processing fee
- One set of transcripts, uploaded to MyRED (see upload requirements)
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you expect to hold an F or J visa: financial resource information
See also: US steps to admission or international steps to admission.
Required by Engineering Management in GAMES
After you apply, allow one business day for us to establish your access to GAMES, where you'll complete these departmental requirements:
- Entrance exam(s): GRE recommended
- Minimum TOEFL: Paper-550 Internet-79
- Personal statement (strongly recommended)
- Three letters of recommendation
DescriptionThe Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) is a professional practice-oriented advanced degree offered by the College of Engineering. This non-thesis program provides a broad-based technical education and is not designed to prepare students for doctoral-level work. Graduate students have access to premier research labs such as the Center for Nontraditional Manufacturing Research and the Center for Ergonomics and Safety Research, among others. Students benefit from a high degree of hands-on experience in the numerous research centers and laboratories which are well-equipped and available for teaching and research.
Successful candidates for admission should have a bachelor's degree in engineering and technology, physical science, computer science or mathematics. Students with non-engineering degrees may be required to take some undergraduate course work in engineering science.
Courses and MoreThe Graduate Bulletin provides course descriptions, program requirements, and more:
Faculty and Research
Departments: Have an update for this page? Contact Becky Eby.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln does not discriminate based on gender, age, disability, race, color, religion, marital status, veteran's status, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.