Graduate Degree Program Summary
Graduate degrees offered
- M.S. in Leadership Education
- Ph.D. in Human Sciences with a specialization in Leadership Studies
- Leadership Studies (Ph.D.*)
- Teaching and Extension Education (M.S.)
Contacts for Leadership Education/Leadership Studies
On the Web
Dr. Mark Balschweid
Graduate Admissions Chair
Dr. Gina Matkin
Mrs. Jennifer Greenlee
300 Agricultural Hall
Lincoln NE 68583-0709
Application checklist and deadlines
Required by the Office of Graduate Studies
- Application for Graduate Admission
- $50 non-refundable application processing fee
- One set of transcripts, uploaded to MyRED (see upload requirements)
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you expect to hold an F or J visa: financial resource information
See also: steps to admission.
Required by Leadership Education/Leadership Studies in GAMES
After you apply, allow one business day for us to establish your access to GAMES, where you'll complete these departmental requirements:
Application Deadlines for Leadership Education/Leadership Studies
|Fall: February 1|
The interdepartmental doctoral program in Human Sciences with a specialization in Leadership Studies is designed for individuals interested in the scholarly study of leadership. A firm foundation in leadership theory and research provides support to those interested in leadership development and practice in a variety of academic and professional settings. It is ideal for current and future leaders in communities, government agencies, and private sector organizations. Additionally, this program is designed to prepare those interested in faculty positions focused on researching and/or teaching leadership.
The Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communication faculty and graduate students are internationally recognized for teaching, research, and outreach. We strive to develop close student-faculty relationships based on strong mentoring experiences, valuable internships, and in-depth seminars. We encourage these relationships by offering interactive online and face-to-face classes.
Courses and MoreStudents in Leadership Education/Leadership Studies are most likely to take courses in:
- Agricultural Leadership Education & Communications (ALEC)
- Great Plains Study Program (GPSP)
- Human Sciences (HUMS)
Students will work with an advisor to create a Program of Studies or Memorandum of Courses during the first half of their coursework.
Faculty and research
Departments: Have an update for this page? Contact Maggie Jobes.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln does not discriminate based on gender, age, disability, race, color, religion, marital status, veteran's status, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.