Graduate Degree Program Summary
Graduate degrees offered
- M.A.; M.S.; M.A.T.; M.Sc.T.; Ph.D.
A specialization is a well-defined area of study that will appear on your transcript with your degree and major. Specializations are optional in most UNL programs.Areas of Study
- Applied Mathematics and Mathematical Biology
- Commutative Algebra, Algebraic Geometry, and K-Theory
- Control Theory
- Differential Equations, Dynamical Systems, and Time Scales
- Discrete Mathematics and Coding Theory
- Functional Integration
- Groups, Semigroups, and Topology
- Mathematics Education
- Operator Theory and Operator Algebras
- Teaching of Middle Level Mathematics (M.A.T.and M.Sc.T)
Distance Education OpportunitiesThe M.A.T. may be completed online.
Application checklist and deadlines
Required by the Office of Graduate Studies
- Application for Graduate Admission
- $50 non-refundable application processing fee
- One set of transcripts, uploaded to MyRED (see transcript upload requirements)
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you expect to hold an F or J visa: financial resource information
See also: steps to admission.
Required by Mathematics in GAMES
After you apply, allow one business day for us to establish your access to GAMES, where you'll complete these departmental requirements:
- Entrance exam(s): GRE except for mathematics teachers pursuing the MAT degree
- Minimum English proficiency: Paper TOEFL 600, Internet TOEFL 100, IELTS 7.5
- Statement of purpose
- Three recommendation letters
When sending GRE or TOEFL scores, UNL's institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed.
Application Deadlines for Mathematics
|For Financial Consideration||Fall: January 24|
|Otherwise||Applications received after the deadline may be considered depending upon space/funding availability.|
Students also have access to an excellent research library, a mathematical sciences database, and two computer laboratories with state-of-the-art computational facilities.
Faculty and research
Departments: Have an update for this page? Contact Stacy Dam.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln does not discriminate based on gender, age, disability, race, color, religion, marital status, veteran's status, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.