Graduate Degree Program Summary
Graduate Degrees Offered
- Applied Mathematics and Mathematical Biology
- Commutative Algebra, Algebraic Geometry, and K-Theory
- Control Theory
- Differential Equations, Dynamical Systems, and Time Scales
- Discrete Mathematics and Coding Theory
- Functional Integration
- Groups, Semigroups, and Topology
- Mathematics Education
- Operator Theory and Operator Algebras
Distance Education OpportunitiesThe M.A.T. may be completed online.
Application Checklist and Deadlines
Required by the Office of Graduate Studies
- Application for Graduate Admission
- $50 non-refundable application processing fee
- One set of transcripts, uploaded to MyRED (see upload requirements)
- If your native language is not English: verification of English proficiency
- If you are not a US citizen and you expect to hold an F or J visa: financial resource information
See also: US steps to admission or international steps to admission.
Required by Mathematics in GAMES
After you apply, allow one business day for us to establish your access to GAMES, where you'll complete these departmental requirements:
- Entrance exam(s): GRE
- Minimum TOEFL: Paper-600 Internet-100
- Statement of purpose
- Three recommendation letters
DescriptionThe Department of Mathematics offers programs of study leading to the degrees of Master of Arts, Master of Science, Master of Arts for Teachers, Master of Science for Teachers, and Doctor of Philosophy. An excellent colloquium series exposes students to recent developments in the mathematical sciences from a variety of distinguished speakers.
Students also have access to an excellent research library, a mathematical sciences database, and two computer laboratories with state-of-the-art computational facilities.
Courses and MoreThe Graduate Bulletin provides course descriptions, program requirements, and more:
Faculty and Research
Departments: Have an update for this page? Contact Becky Eby.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln does not discriminate based on gender, age, disability, race, color, religion, marital status, veteran's status, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.