October 20 and 21, 2017
This visit is designed to offer prospective graduate students from underrepresented populations in higher education a chance to visit the University of Nebraska-Lincoln before submitting an application for graduate study.
Selected participants will meet with faculty and current graduate students and learn more about our masters and doctoral programs, the university's admissions process, and graduate school funding options.
The university will provide reasonable transportation (air, rail, mileage, etc.) to campus, lodging, meals, and a graduate application fee waiver. The program is limited to 50 students.
Submit completed Future Scholar application and all supplemental documents to Casey Coleman electronically by August 3, 2017.
August 3, 2017, for all materials
Notification of selections:
September 1, 2017, via email
Prospective graduate students must possess a strong academic profile for the program they are interested in visiting.
- Be eligible to pursue a graduate degree in Fall 2018
- Have a GPA of 3.00 of higher
- Self-identify with a background underrepresented in higher education
- Demonstrate serious consideration to attend Nebraska
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Complete the entire Future Scholar application (including cv/resume, unofficial transcripts from each institution attended, statement of purpose, and faculty sponsor letter)
- Provide the names of up to three Nebraska faculty members they would like to visit while on campus