The Office of Graduate Studies welcomes all new graduate students to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln at our annual New Graduate Student Welcome.
This is an opportunity to learn about the culture of graduate education, meet fellow graduate students, and collect information about campus and community services and resources.
Schedule for Thursday, August 18, 2016
New Graduate Student Welcome
Check-in begins at 10:30 am. The New Graduate Student Welcome program begins promptly at 11:00 am.
- Welcome from the Office of Graduate Studies
- Campus Safety
- Welcome from the University Libraries
- The Role of Academic Integrity in the Life of a Graduate Student
- Transitioning to Graduate School
Free Lunch and Information Fair
Browse the booths from various campus and community organizations to learn about their programs and services.
Is your group interested in exhibiting at this event? Contact Stacy Dam.
Boxed lunches will be available from 12:00 to 1:00 PM in the Nebraska Union Centennial Room to those who RSVP in advance. RSVP by following the registration link (to be) emailed to you on July 20.
Groups listed below have participated in previous years' information fairs -- participants for this year have not yet been finalized.
Registered Student Organizations
- African Student Association (ASA)
- Graduate Student Association (GSA)
- International Student Fellowship Club (ISF)
- Latina/o Graduate Student Association (LGSA)
- Nebraska University Malaysian Students Association
- Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity
- University Lutheran Chapel
- UNL Christian Grads
- UNL eSports Club
City Union and Gaughan Multicultural Center Resources
- Cultural Ambassadors
- Student Involvement
- Student Legal Services
- UNL Computer and Phone Shop
- Union Bank and Trust
- University of Nebraska Federal Credit Union
Community and Entertainment
- Downtown Lincoln Association
- Lied Center for Performing Arts
- Data Management Services at UNL Libraries
- International Student and Scholar Office
- New Student Enrollment
- New Student Enrollment Big Red Gameday Experience
- New Student Enrollment Welcome Team Mentoring Program
- NUtech Ventures
- Office of Graduate Studies Graduate Ambassadors
- Office of Graduate Studies Career & Professional Development
- Research Compliance Services
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- University Parking and Transit Services
- UNL Libraries
- UNL Print, Copy, Mail & Distribution Services
- UNL Student Money Management Center
Families, Health and Wellness
- Campus Recreation-City Campus, East Campus and Outdoor Adventure Center
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Environmental Health and Safety
- University Health Center
- UNL Children’s Center
New International Graduate Student Welcome
Get to know your fellow international graduate students, plus staff from Graduate Studies and the International Student and Scholar Office.
Eat and Greet, hosted by the Graduate Ambassadors
All new domestic and international graduate students are invited to attend.
Join new and current graduate students at the south side of the Nebraska Union. Graduate Ambassadors will be waiting to lead you on a tour of downtown Lincoln where you will gather promotional items from local vendors and learn about what Lincoln has to offer. The event will culminate with appetizers, refreshments and time to socialize.
For additional information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.