The Office of Graduate Studies welcomes all new graduate students to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln at our annual New Graduate Student Welcome.
This is an opportunity to learn about the culture of graduate education, meet fellow graduate students, and collect information about campus and community services and resources.
Schedule for Thursday, August 20, 2015
New International Graduate Student Welcome
Program begins promptly at 9:30.
- Welcome and introduction
- Peer panel: Current international students will share their experiences, answer questions, and give advice about transitioning to life in the US and at UNL.
Optional: Arrive early (9:00 to 9:30) to socialize and enjoy a complimentary light breakfast. Get to know your fellow international graduate students, plus staff from Graduate Studies and the International Student and Scholar Office.
New Graduate Student Welcome
Check-in begins at 10:30 am. The New Graduate Student Welcome program begins promptly at 11:00 am.
- Welcome to UNL
- Welcome from Graduate Student Association
- Campus Safety
- Introduction to University Libraries
- Introduction to NUtech Ventures
- Transitioning to Graduate School
Free Lunch and Information Fair
Browse the booths from various campus and community organizations to learn about their programs and services.
Booths for 2015 have not yet been finalized but here are some of the groups who've participated in prior years:
Boxed lunches will be available from 12:00 to 1:00 PM in the Nebraska Union Centennial Room to those who RSVP in advance. RSVP by following the registration link (to be) emailed to you on July 8.
- Black Graduate Student Association
- Campus Recreation
- Career Services
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Ethics Center
- Graduate Student Association
- Instructional Design Center
- International Student and Scholar Office
- Latino/a Graduate Student Association
- LGBTQA Resource Center
- N-Card Office
- Nebraska Alumni Association
- Office of Graduate Studies
- Office of Research Responsibility
- Parking and Transit Services
- Student Involvement
- University Bookstore
- University Health Center
- University Police Department
- University of Nebraska Federal Credit Union
- UNL Computer and Phone Store
- UNL Libraries
- UNL Print and Copy Services
- UNL Recycling
- UNL Student Accounts
- VCSA Husker Game Day Experience
- Women's Center and Gender Programs
For additional information, contact us at email@example.com.