The Office of Graduate Studies welcomes all new graduate students to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln at our annual New Graduate Student Welcome.
This is an opportunity to learn about the culture of graduate education, meet fellow graduate students, and collect information about campus and community services and resources.
Schedule for Thursday, August 20, 2015
New International Graduate Student Welcome
Program begins promptly at 9:30.
- Welcome and introduction
- Peer panel: Current international students will share their experiences, answer questions, and give advice about transitioning to life in the US and at UNL.
Optional: Arrive early (9:00 to 9:30) to socialize and enjoy a complimentary light breakfast. Get to know your fellow international graduate students, plus staff from Graduate Studies and the International Student and Scholar Office.
New Graduate Student Welcome
Check-in begins at 10:30 am. The New Graduate Student Welcome program begins promptly at 11:00 am.
- Welcome from the Office of Graduate Studies
- Welcome from the Graduate Student Association
- Campus Safety
- Title IX Compliance
- Welcome from the University Libraries
- Welcome from NUtech Ventures
- The Role of Academic Integrity in the Life of a Graduate Student
- Transitioning to Graduate School
Free Lunch and Information Fair
Browse the booths from various campus and community organizations to learn about their programs and services.
Booths for 2015 have not yet been finalized but here are some of the groups who've participated in prior years:
Boxed lunches will be available from 12:00 to 1:00 PM in the Nebraska Union Centennial Room to those who RSVP in advance. RSVP by following the registration link (to be) emailed to you on July 20.
- Black Graduate Student Association
- Campus Recreation
- Career Services
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Ethics Center
- Graduate Student Association
- Instructional Design Center
- International Student and Scholar Office
- Latino/a Graduate Student Association
- LGBTQA Resource Center
- N-Card Office
- Nebraska Alumni Association
- Office of Graduate Studies
- Office of Research Responsibility
- Parking and Transit Services
- Student Involvement
- University Bookstore
- University Health Center
- University Police Department
- University of Nebraska Federal Credit Union
- UNL Computer and Phone Store
- UNL Libraries
- UNL Print and Copy Services
- UNL Recycling
- UNL Student Accounts
- VCSA Husker Game Day Experience
- Women's Center and Gender Programs
Eat and Greet, hosted by the Graduate Ambassadors
All new domestic and international graduate students are invited to attend.
Join new and current graduate students at the south side of the Nebraska Union. Graduate Ambassadors will be waiting to lead you on a tour of downtown Lincoln where you will gather promotional items from local vendors and learn about what Lincoln has to offer. The event will culminate with appetizers, refreshments and time to socialize at Rule G in the Railyard District.
For additional information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.