Our Mission Statement
Sigma Lambda Gamma strives to be the premier organization committed to providing a mechanism of empowerment to all women.
Through a network of close to 3,000 multicultural sisters from collegiate chapters and alumnae associations located across the United States, we promote academic excellence and higher education for all women via a dedication and incorporation of the sorority principles – Academics, Community Service, Cultural Awareness, Morals & Ethics, and Social Interaction – in our lives.
Recognizing our responsibility to the progression of a positive global community, we stress the importance of morals, ethics, and education in our daily lives so that we serve the needs of our neighbors through a mutual respect and understanding of our varying cultures.
- Founded April 9, 1990
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- Sigma Lambda Gamma is the largest, historically Latina-based national sorority with a multicultural membership in chapters and alumnae associations throughout the United States.
- Nickname: Gammas
- Colors: Shocking Pink and Majestic
- Motto: Culture is Pride, Pride is Success (cultura es Orgullo, Orgullo es Exito)
- Flower: Pink Rose
- Social Interaction
- Community Service
- Cultural Awareness
- Morals & Ethics
- Good Character
- Leadership potential and/or abilities
- Minimum requirement of a semester 2.5/4.0 grade point average
- Sincere desire to contribute to the fulfilling of task and responsibilities of the sorority
Contact InformationSigma Lambda Gamma National Website:
www.sigmalambdagamma.com/ Contact Chapter President: