Awards received by GSA
|2015||Student Organization President of the Year Award: Curtis Walker||UNL Student Involvement's Student Impact Awards|
|2012||Daryl Swanson Campus Impact Award||UNL Student Involvement's Student Impact Awards|
|2012||Student Organization President of the Year to Sylvia Jons||UNL Student Involvement's Student Impact Awards|
|2010||NAGPS President?s Award to Emile Salamé (Vice-Chair of Internal Affairs)||National Association of Graduate and Professional Students (NAGPS)|
|2010||Student Organization Finalist for President of the Year to Laura Lynch||UNL Student Involvement's Student Impact Awards|
|2010||Student Organization Member of the Year to Eric Hunt||UNL Student Involvement's Student Impact Awards|
|2010||Student Organization Finalist for Event of the Year to GSAW||UNL Student Involvement's Student Impact Awards|
|2008||Program Award for Outstanding Graduate Employee Advocacy||National Association of Graduate and Professional Students (NAGPS)|
- Secured $24,500 from student fees through the annual appropriations process for graduate student programming. We will support student conference travel grants, student special projects grants, additional networking and professional development opportunities, and more. March 2016
- Merged with Association of Student of the University of Nebraska to become to official arm for graduate students in UNL student government. January 2016
- Eliminated policy mandating that graduate assistants register for summer credit hours in order to teach during the summer - Fall 2009
- Endorsement of the Office of Graduate Studies position on Academic Integrity: "Graduate Students should be held at the highest level of integrity as tomorrow's most respected professionals" - March 2009
- Graduate Student Demographic Survey - Conducted and collected March 2009
- Inception of a separate Graduate Commencement Ceremony - February 2009
- "Well Baby" benefit added to student health insurance - February 2009
- Graduate Assistant and Fellowship Fee Deferment - January 2009
- Graduate student representative to serve on the Libraries Committee for the University of Nebraska - January 2009
- Successful Bid to Host the National Association of Graduate and Professional Students Annual meeting - October 2009
- Initiation of Task Force on Campus Level Travel and Research Grants - November 2008
- Graduate Student Appreciation Week recognized by the Governor and State of Nebraska - March 2008, March 2009, April 2010
- Graduate Student Bill of Rights: Currently there is a bill of rights for all students (i.e. undergraduate and graduate) and graduate assistants. However, there is no university document that describes rights of all graduate students and protects them from such issues as research exploitation.
- Improved Graduate Student Representation on University Committees: Much of university policy is created within university committees. Unfortunately, few graduate students sit on these committees. We hope to change this.
- Increased University Services: These include health-care benefits for graduate students' families, legal services, and library services.
- Student and Family Leave Rights: Thanks to lobbying by the GSA, the university is currently working out policies for parental leave for graduate assistants. Once these policies are in place, we plan to tackle the issue of graduate studies deadlines for those students and policies for those students who require medical leave.
- Graduate Student Fees: We will continue to assess how well our student fees are used and what can be improved for graduate students in terms of University-level programming.