The Midwest Graduate Career Fair will be held on February 17, 2016 at the Nebraska Innovation Campus in Lincoln, NE. This multi-university event is designed to assist graduate and professional students from all disciplines to explore and pursue post-graduate work in the Midwest. Representatives from industry, academia, government entities, and alternative careers in science will recruit possible candidates and publicize their career opportunities while also providing guidance on the future career aspirations of our fair participants.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
- Be sure to click RSVP through Husker Hire Link
- UPDATE your CV ahead of time January 28, 2016 with the Office of Graduate Studies CV and Cover Letter Workshop
Office of Graduate Studies Resources for Student Development
Graduate Studies offers some great resources for graduate students, including:
- A Graduate Student Mentoring Guidebook: How to get the Mentoring You Need
- Guidelines for Good Practice in Graduate Education
- Suggestions on Constructing a Teaching Portfolio
- Classroom observation, video recording, student feedback, and professional coaching
- Job hunting and transferable skills
They also offer several developmental programs such as
- Workshops for Teaching Assistants
- Institute for International Teaching Assistants
- Preparing Future Faculty
Career Services Resources for Student Development
The Husker Hire Link is a job listing resource available through Career Services, connecting students to jobs on- and off-campus.
In addition to general networking and interview guidance, they even provide an opportunity to participate in and get feedback from mock interviews from internal and external employers.See their website for more details.
Each department has its own set of professional development opportunities available to graduate students. Students can talk to their advisor or graduate chair for help with applications and the job search process. Some departments have more established programs for professional development.
For example, the Mathematics Department has seminars every spring on Professional Development and every fall on the job search process.
Feel free to contact the LA representative from a particular department to find out more information on the resources available in their department and how you can start them in your own department! Please to have your department's resources posted here.