The GSA has 9 standing committees that serve for various purposes. Below you will find a description of each committee, along with the chair and members. We may also establish ad hoc committees throughout the year as issues arise. If you would like to be the Chair or a Member of any of these committees please contact the Vice Chair of Internal Affairs, Karl Giuseffi.
- Academic Affairs
- The Academic Affairs Committee shall identify and advocate on behalf of University graduate students any issues pertaining to the academic quality of life, including, but not limited to, access to facilities and funding for research, the faculty-graduate student mentoring relationship, and academic policies pertaining to graduate education for University of Nebraska-Lincoln graduate students.
Current Tasks: Extending Fee Deferments, Examining Student Fees, Key Card AccessChair: Allysha Martin ()Members: Simone Catsimanes, Shailesh Ganpule, Tshepelayi Kabata, Chris Nycz, Bryan Parkhurst, Erica Rogers.
- The Constitution Committee ensures that actions taken by the GSA are within the rules of the GSA constitution. The committee also oversees any actions to change the constitution.
Current Tasks: Ensure proper order is followed in all GSA activitiesChair: Chris Gibilisco ()Members:
- The Distance Committee shall focus on outreach to distance graduate students connecting them to campus and the GSA. The committee shall deal with issues important to distance learners such as access to course, library services, student fees, communicating with advisors, and more. Distance learners are encouraged to join this committee
Current Tasks: Deals with issues important to distance learners such as access to course, library services, student fees, communicating with advisors, and more.Chair: Ashley Yates ()Members:
- The Diversity Committee shall encourage and promote participation in the GSA by students from throughout the University community, including but not limited to students from racial and ethnic minorities, international students, women, and the GLBTQ community, and ensure that GSA programming is available and pertinent to the diverse graduate student community.
Current Tasks: Diversity section on Website, Improved Flag Displays at Commencement, Improved communications between International/Ethnic Student groups and graduate studentsChair: Anh Do ()Members: Ashley Barnett, Leslie Martinez, Rosa Hazel Delgado, Cody Meyer
- The Elections Committee shall assist the Vice-Chair of Legislative Affairs in overseeing the election of the Legislative Assembly and the Executive Officers. The Elections Committee shall inform eligible departments regarding the election of departmental representatives to the Legislative Assembly.
Current Tasks: Prepare for Spring ElectionsChair: Chris Gibilisco ()Members:
- The Finance Committee shall assist the Vice-Chair of Finance in preparing an annual budget and monitor all GSA expenditures. The Finance Committee shall prepare an annual fiscal report for submission to the Legislative Assembly.
Current Tasks: Budget, Semester Book Drive, Finding other Funding Sources (UPC)Chair: Annika Denkert ()Members:
- Graduate Student Appreciation Week
- The Graduate Student Appreciation Week Committee shall plan, coordinate and execute events for the celebration of Graduate Student and Professional Student Appreciation Week as determined annually by the National Association of GraduateProfessional Students.
Current Tasks: Plan GSAW for the springChair: Joseba Moreno ()Members: Erica Sherman, Morgan St. John
- Social Events
- The Social Events Committee shall plan, coordinate and execute social events throughout both Fall and Spring semesters for all GSA members.
Current Tasks: Create social events and professional development opportunitiesChair: Liz Juchems ()Members:
- Quality of Life
- The Quality of Life Committee shall identify and advocate on behalf of University graduate students any issues affecting the quality of graduate student life including, but not limited to, housing, transportation and parking, child care, and health benefits for University of Nebraska-Lincoln graduate students.
Current Tasks: On-Campus Childcare, Graduate Student distinction on NCard, Improved Parking, Family and Medical Leave PoliciesChair: Grant Tietjen ()Members: