Course preparation includes:
- anticipating the needs and expectations of your students
- establishing learning goals
- selecting instructional strategies to support those goals
- deciding how and when to assess student learning outcomes
- detailing this plan in an effective syllabus
- setting the classroom tone for the semester
- being prepared for every class period
Course preparation is a significant component of teaching. Though often invisible to students, thorough preparation is the most critical factor in classroom success.
- Save time and effort by making these decisions about your course before the semester begins.
- Learn how to become a learner-centered teacher.