All activities listed below will be in the Nebraska Union. Room information will be provided upon check-in.Print Schedule and Session Descriptions
Check-in and Continental Breakfast
WelcomeDr. Elizabeth Weber Edwards, Associate Director of Graduate Student Development, Office of Graduate Studies
8:45 to 9:45 a.m.
KeynoteDr. Robyn Wright Dunbar, Director, Center for Teaching & Learning; Associate Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education, Stanford University
10:00 to 11:30 a.m.
Skill Development Sessions
- The Time Juggle: Navigating Your Roles as a Teacher, Student, Scholar, and Person with a Life!
Robyn Wright Dunbar, Stanford University
- The First Day of Class
Elizabeth Weber Edwards, Graduate Studies
- Designing & Delivering Effective Lectures
Samuel Nelson, Center for Entrepreneurship
- Critical Moments in the Classroom: Case Studies
Suzanne Prenger, Intensive English Program
- Grading Homework, Exams, Lab Reports or Problem Sets
Cory Forbes, School of Natural Resources
- Writing Your Syllabus
Susan Levine Ourada, Fine and Performing Arts
- Effective Online Teaching (Professional Development Session for Experienced Grad Students)
Tareq Daher & Greg Sunderman, Office of Online & Distance Education
11:30 a.m. to noon
Noon to 1:00 p.m.
LunchHosted by the Office of Graduate Studies
1:00 to 2:30 p.m.
Disciplinary Breakout SessionsJoin new and experienced TAs in your discipline and learn about effective teaching methods relevant to the teaching you’ll be doing as a TA—for example, holding office hours, grading papers, running a lab, or teaching a recitation.
Life Sciences & Natural Resources
- John Markwell, Biochemistry
- Kyle Luttgeharm, Biochemistry
- Shannon Moncure, School of Natural Resources
- Justin Buchannan, Biological Sciences
- Rick Hartung, Chemistry
- Matthew Beio, Chemistry
- Cal Garbin, Psychology
- Aaron Holz, Art
- John Bailey, Music
- Daniel Toundykov, Mathematics
- Nicholas Owad, Mathematics
- Lara Ismert, Mathematics
- Chris Bourke, Computer Science
- Shruti Daggumati, Computer Science
- Abdelbaset Hamza, Computer Science
- Adrian Lara, Computer Science
- Taylor Spangler, Computer Science
- Adam Thompson, Philosophy
- Jamie Downing, Communication Studies
2:30 to 3:30 p.m.