IAS Season IV 2012-13 in the Media
- Dinner Party/The Argument review. Lincoln Journal Star, April 24, 2013. Read review here.
- Target Margin Theater's, David Herskovits, interviewed by Bill Stibor. NET Radio, April 11, 2013.
- Target Margin Theater's, David Herskovits, interviewed by Charlie Brogan. KFOR, April 11, 2013. Listen here.
- Rhonda Garelick featured in the Daily Nebraskan, April 10, 2013. "Professors say total online education would cripple critical thinking, personal relations" Read more here.
- Isadora Duncan Dance Co.'s, Lori Belilove, interviewed by Charlie Brogan. KFOR, March 12, 2013. Listen here.
- NewsNetNebraska covers Lori Belilove & The Isadora Duncan Dance Company residency. NewsNetNebraska, Student News Article, March 2013. See full article here.
- Joffrey Ballet conducts workshop with Park Middle School students as part of their residency. January 2013. Watch YouTube video here.
- IAS explores "Ancient World Through Modern Eyes' this spring. In the Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts e-newsletter, February 2013. See full article here.
- Lori Belilove & The Isadora Duncan Dance Company featured in The Huffington Post. Duncan was called the "Mother of Modern Dance" and her legacy continues with artistic director Lori Belilove's loving ongoing inquiry into Duncan's dance ideals: free-spiritedness married to beauty, philosophy, and humanity. Read more here.
- Glowing review for Caridad Svich play. Based on the pivotal, impassioned and ground-breaking novel by Chilean-American novelist, Isabelle Allende, La casa de los espíritus, or The House of Spirits, written by Caridad Svich and directed by Jose Zayas, exemplifies the spirit of Allende’s novel through its magnetic dialogue, mystical undertones, and charismatic action that journeys through a narrative of generational curses, political turmoil, religious strife and misogynistic practice that is not only relative to the play’s cultural setting, but also relays the intense conflict that lies within the stories of cultures across the world. Read more here.
- Rhonda Garelick featured in the Daily Nebraskan, February 13, 2013 "Information expansion muddles parameters of this generation’s identity" Read more here.
IAS Season III 2011-12 in the Media
- Kan Seidel receives Juror's Award at Bemis Underground
Former IAS Program Assistant Kan Seidel was one of three recepients of the Juror's Award in the Bemis Underground Regional Juried Exhibition for his video "Woman". The three recipients of the Juror's Award will be awarded $500 and a 2012 solo exhibition in the Bemis Underground. Read more here.
- Rhonda Garelick on radio show Q and in New York Times
IAS Director, Dr. Rhonda Garelick, was recently interviewed on Q, a Canadian radio show, which airs on CBC Radio One. Hosted by Jian Ghomeshi, the program is a national arts magazine show. To listen to a podcast of the interview, click here. The interview with Dr. Garelick starts at minute 4:20.To read the op-ed Dr. Garelick wrote in the New York Times, click here.
IAS Season II 2010-11 in the Media
- ORLAN wins the Chevalier de l'Ordre du Merite. In September, 2010, ORLAN won the French National Order of Merit, founded by President Charles de Gaulle in 1963 to honor French or foreign men and women for their distinguished civil and military achievements. ORLAN received the medal from Frederic Mitterrand, French Minister of Culture. Sept.8, 2010. Read more here.
- First prize for IAS/Sheldon publication
Fabulous Harlequin: ORLAN and the Patchwork Self recently won First Prize in Design for a Museum Publication from the American Association of Museums. The publication, a joint venture between IAS and the Sheldon Museum of Art, is the first in the IAS Book Series.
- GIMP Community Project featured on NET
The April episode of NET's series, Nebraska Stories, captures the community project with GIMP during its IAS residency in Fall 2010: Air date: Sunday, April 10, at 9 p.m. CT on NET1/HD View the segment here.
- "U. of Nebraska Brings Cutting-Edge Arts to the Heartland"
by Alexander C. Kafka. Published in the Chronicle of Higher Education, October 28, 2010. See full article here.
- "Breaking Barriers in Dance" CNN, December 19, 2010 Choreographer Heidi Latsky and her company members, who performed as part of the IAS 2010-11 season, discuss their work which features dancers with and without disasbilities. See video here.
IAS Season I 2009-10 in the Media
- Article on Season 1 artist, David Dorfman, in the New York Times here.
- "Lessons from the Road" by Marcia Siegel Published in The Hudson Review, Winter 2010 Siegel describes the experience of her residency at UNL and of David Dorfman's "Disavowal." A link to the full text of her essay is available here
The Interdisciplinary Arts Symposium is sponsored by the Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts, presented, in part, by the Lied Center for Performing Arts, and funded, in part, by the Hixson-Lied Endowment.