Our chapter at 3rd Degree, February 2016.
Keep up with us on Facebook!
Kappa Kappa Psi is a National Honorary Band Fraternity which serves the university bands. The Epsilon Omega chapter is extremely proud to serve the bands at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. We provide services and opportunities to band members, where we can all share our passion for music. Whether you are a music major or not, everyone is welcome to join. Our chapter has provided for UNL bands by providing snacks for band camp, cookies and punch after all ensemble concerts, clothing for marching band, and so much more. Every year we have a convention where all chapters in our Midwest district meet. We are able to share our services and accomplishments for the year. The best part about becoming a member of this organization is having Kappa Kappa Psi members nationwide that you can count on. We invite everyone to learn more by exploring our web site and feel free to contact any of our members.
HONOR, INTEGRITY, RESPECT, LOYALTY
Kappa Kappa Psi is a fraternal organization that promotes the advancement of college and university bands through dedicated service and support to bands; comprehensive education; leadership opportunities; and recognition; for the benefit of its members and society.
Be it known that Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Fraternity for College Bandmembers, is an organization operating exclusively in the field of the college and university bands, and for the following several purposes:
- To promote the existence and welfare of the college and university bands and to cultivate at large a wholesome respect for their activities and achievements.
- To honor outstanding bandmembers through privilege of membership extended as a reward for technical achievement and appreciation for the best in music.
- To stimulate campus leadership and promulgate an uncompromising respect through the medium of the college band for gracious conduct, good taste and unswerving loyalty.
- To foster a close relationship between college bands and promote a high average of attainment by the performance of good music and selection of worthwhile projects.
- To provide a pleasant and helpful social experience for all engaged in college band work and to cooperate with other musical organizations in any manner consistent with the purposes of the institution at which chapters are located.
We, the brothers of Kappa Kappa Psi, believe that service to the college or university band program fosters responsibility, loyalty, and leadership; that a spirit of brotherhood is enhanced by the participation in a band program; that music is a universal language and truly the greatest of the arts; and that through fraternal participation, each member will strive for the highest.
The Fraternity Hymn was submitted at the 1995 National Convention by the Eta Gamma Chapter from Morgan State University and Brother Scott Jeffery Heckstall, Jr. (Eta Gamma 1977). The hymn is based on the hymn "Someday". The hymn was adopted as the official hymn of our Fraternity during the 1995 National Convention at Separate Session # 3 on August 3, 1985.
KKPsi as we go through this wilderness here below.
Guide my feet through peaceful eyes.
I am a brother of KKPsi.
I do not know how long twill be
or what the future holds for me (holds for me).
But this I know if I must die
I am a brother of KKPsi
I do not know how long 'twill be
or what the future holds for me (holds for me)
but this I know if I must die
I am a brother of K K Psi.