|NCMN Members Celebrate Research Breakthroughs in Materials and Nanoscience !|
|....at the Nebraska Center for Materials and Nanoscience|
News Highlights: Journal Star.com Channel 8 News 9-24 UNL NEWS UNL MediaHub
Fabricating chemical solution for graphene challenges"When you develop a method for making graphene nanoribbons, there are two problems that you need to solve: how to fabricate very narrow ribbons with atomic precision and how to fabricate them in large quantities. The method that we developed solves both these problems. The whole process is done by wet chemistry in a flask, and, it can be easily scaled up. We can make a gram, a kilogram, essentially any amount of material that's necessary."
- JournalStar.com Editorial, 10/02: Expecting Big Things
- WoPhy Conference Oct 18-Oct 20
- September 27, 2012 Building Dedication of the NEW VOELTE-KEEGAN Nanoscience Research Center. Dr. David Sellmyer, Director - Located at 855 N. 16th St.,University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE 68588-0298
- Lincoln Journal Star "New building boosts UNL nanoscience research
- The Daily Nebraskan .com news article on the Nano Building Dedication
- New class of materials discovered; could boost computer memory - Dr. Evgeny Tsymbal and international team of scientists have discovered that a new class of materials boasts a very attractive property — ferroelectricity, which may be used to create new types of data storage devices.
- Simple Models of Magnetism by Dr. Ralph Skomski, first published in 2008, is now available in paperback format. The book has been welcomed by the scientific community as a "highly readable and thorough account" and of "great use to graduate students and experts in the field alike". More...
- Nebraska Research and Innovation Conference hosted by EPSCoR
- Dr. Xiao Zeng group paper is featured in the Cover Art of Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation (IP > 5).
- Dr. Alexandar Sinitskii has contributed to the chapter on graphene oxide One of the first books on Graphene titled: "Graphene Nanoelectronics" published by Springer.
- Dr. Jinsong Huang's image of Organic Solar Cells is on the cover of a Energy & Environmental Science magazine this month.
- Scientists create new form of matter that can dent diamonds - ordered amorphous carbon clusters - Xiao Cheng Zeng and postdoctoral researcher Hui Li
- Chemistryworld - "Carbon clusters score lucky seven" Dr. Xiao Cheng Zeng
- Highlighted in the American Chemical Society Chem. & Eng. News
- One of Top 20 most read articles in the Journal of Chemical Physics
- An international team of scientists, including Dr. Xiao Cheng Zeng, has created what is in effect a nanoscale sieve that is very selective in what it will allow to pass through -- and performs in much the same way as the potassium ion channels that are vital components of virtually all living cells. ...UNL, PHY ORG, Science 360, Nano WERK,
- Dr. David Sellmyer is one of two recent recipients of the Louise Pound-George Howard Distinguished Career Award 2012, which recognizes exceptional contributions through teaching, research, public service, or administration to the university during their careers. more...
- Dr. Alexei Gruverman with his grad student, Haidong Luhas (in collaboration with researchers in Spain and at the Univ. of Wisconsin) discovered a significantly more efficient method of data storage that offers great promise for the future of technology.